Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Nap Man and some fun news!

Happy Monday,

Did you have a nice weekend?  We sure did. The weather was awesome and relatively cool so we hung outside a bit.  I also did some last minute summer cleaning- going through drawers and pitching socks that don't fit anymore and replacing with new school socks for the boys etc.  I love the organizing of it all!

My littlest one starts Preschool 2 today.  He is so excited to go to his new room and be with his new teacher.  I also start back to school today.  We have 2 days of inservice and then the kids come.  I am not a fan of inservice days but it is nice to be eased back in to the routine of getting up everyday at 4:45 am.  It has been nice all summer to sleep in till 6:30.  Back to the routine.  Jack doesn't start till tomorrow.  My mom is hanging out with him.  He was pretty excited to hang out with her!

I had some more time to scrap just for me these past several weeks and I have been wanting to scrap these photos of Jack. Last year he was so tired so he went upstairs to rest. Of course, he took his favorite toys with him- Bat Man!   He fell sound asleep holding on to his favorite figure!  When I went in to get him I knew I had to take a photo.  It has been over a year that I have hung on to this photo but I knew I wanted this layout to be special so I broke out some Crate Paper.  I have had this collection for awhile now and it was just perfect for my photos.  I just love all the chipboard embellishments!  I love the title- Nap Man!
Supplies
paper- chipboard- brads- crate period
mist- mister huey

I also had some fun news last week!  Erica, from the Stringery ( an etsy shop), has asked me to be a part of her design team.  Of course I said yes!  Who wouldn't want to play with fun ribbon and twine!  Head on over to her shop for some amazing ribbon and twine!  Click HERE  I can't wait to play with all the fun items she has in her shop!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will see you tomorrow with a new project!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

26 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable layout and congrats on your new DT position!

Arlene said...

Great layout! Congrats on your DT position...that's awesome!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Congrats on joining The Stringery team, Mary Pat! Your title is so cute and clever! Such a fun and sweet LO. :) Good luck easing back into your school day.

Unknown said...

What a sweet photo and layout! Oh he's so precious. Congratulations on your new DT position!
Happy In Service...I agree, not a fan:)

Connie Mercer said...

super cute LO Mary Pat!!! Great paper set. Congrats on your new DT!!! WTG!!!

Tammy said...

Fun layout! I love that Crate line, so perfect for little boys. That is a great photo and I hold on to them too, no matter how long it takes to finally scrap them. :) Congrats on the DT!

Madeline said...

Beautiful work with that Crate line! and congrats!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute! I love the army men and the helicopter accents and how you used them!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I also need to use up my CP collection. Thanks for the inspiration.

Margie Higuchi said...

What a great page - love this collection :)
Good luck with getting back to routine....we start on Thurs.

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute layout Mary Pat, congrats to your youngest! Hope Preschool 2 is so fun for him.

SandeeNC said...

That should be super nap man! lol, very cute! And yikes, you get up at 4:45? Everyday! ugh! You must go to sleep at 7pm, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

April Michelle said...

great page! love all the elements and colors!

Karen said...

Congrats on the new gig :)
Love this LO - such a cute, sweet pic :) I am still hoarding some of this collection. I DID use a bunch but I love ti too much to not hoard a little :P

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute layout!
And Congrats on the dt :)

Jules said...

What an adorable layout....I still love taking sleeping pictures of my little guy and he is almost 12.

Annette Allen said...

awesome page...totally love everything about it...and big congrats on your new DT...woohoo...

Katie said...

Congratulations on the design team!

Your layout is adorable. I love that picture of Jack, he is too cute!

I hope Michael had a good day at preschool, and your in service went well. I'm not a huge fan of in service days either. We have 7 this year before school starts...

Laura said...

Terrific layout. Cute little guy. Congrats on DT. Keep us posted on your experience with it

Izzy Anderson said...

That photo is priceless! LOVE the title. Hee! Your page is just adorable. That collection is perfect. Big congrats. I love the Stringery. Just got an under from there last week! :)

Christina said...

Ummm three things...
1) Congratulations!! Can't wait to see what fun things you create!
2) This layout is adorable and I love it.
3) 4:45AM???? I'm tired just thinking about that! :)

Fleursbydesign said...

What an adorable photo, love the layout

~Tammy~ said...

Precious!!

gale said...

Very cute layout. Congratulations on making the design team! How exciting!!

Norma G. said...

Very cool photo and layout. Congrats on the new design team!!!!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love this page! Congrats on The Stringery DT!! All kinds of cute stuff on their Etsy shop!

Post a Comment