Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday with the Silhouette and Jillibean Soup

Happy Friday!

Who is happy it is the weekend?  ME!!!  I just finished my first week of work and I am ready for the weekend!  We don't have any plans so I have no idea what we are doing but I am just so excited to have the first week of school done with!!  We do have Jack's open house this Sunday and that is it.  I hope to get some relaxing time in and some scrapping!  I haven't scrapped all week and I am missing it terribly!

Have you heard the news?  Two of my favorite scrapbooking companies have teamed up and I am so excited.  The Silhouette and Jillibean Soup have come together and made some awesome die cuts.  When I heard the news I rushed home and bought all the images.  You know me- I am crazy for my Jillibean.  Well, my mom needed a gift to give to one of her friends and she asked me to make her a gift card set.  My mom loves the clean and simple look of things and immediately I knew what I wanted to do.  Use my new images!  So I used the scalloped circle ( I like this scalloped circle because it is not even- some of the scallops are bigger than others) and I made this CAS card!  I used all my favorites on this card- twine- jillibean soup- lawn fawn!  It couldn't get any better (at least for me-LOL!)


supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white
paper- jillibean soup southern chicken dumpling soup
twine- the twinery
stamp- lawn fawn
ink- hero arts
gems- who knows
tools- corner rounder- Silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back next week with some new projects!  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

17 comments:

gale said...

Wow, really cute! Clean and simple yet it has the 3d element-what a neat gift.

Connie Mercer said...

love JBS anyway!!super cute card!!

Arlene said...

CAS and beautiful! Didn't know about JBS...will need to check out their images. TFS.

Tammy said...

Fun card! I have not seen the shapes yet but will go take a look. Have a great weekend!

Jingle said...

What a pretty little card!

Janet's Joy said...

Cute card! I just saw that too about Silhouette and JBS....yay!!

Becky said...

This is so cute! Hope you and your guys have a great weekend :)

Mary Jo said...

Very cute!
Glad your first week went well :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

It's always a good day when there are new Silhouette images to play with. :) Love the clean lines on this pretty, pretty card! I'm glad you made it through your first week of school!

Pam W Merwin said...

I love your scalloped circle Silhouette too! Your papers are yummy :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Lovely card :)

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card. I really like the pops of colour against the white base of the card.

Christina said...

Lovely card-I just received the Jillibean mystery box I ordered. Wow. Sooooo much great stuff, can't wait to play with it this weekend. I'm sure I'll be scrolling thru your blog posts for inspiration!

Sara said...

Sweet card! Very pretty!

Willow and Wattle said...

Very cute, love it!

Erica said...

Cute! I love Lawn Fawn. The owner came into my office the other day and I might have drooled just a little when I found out who they were. ;)

Katie said...

This is a great card!

I was definitely ready for the weekend too! And I am not ready to go back to school tomorrow! I am already ready for a three day weekend :)

Post a Comment