Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Moxxie Hexagons

Happy Friday!

Are you ready for the weekend?  I will be once I get through today.  My wonderful hubby is taking a 1/2 day off and we are meeting at my school and he is going to help me move the tables from my new room to my old room upstairs and then take the the desks from my old room and move them downstairs.  It is going to be a back breaking afternoon and I totally appreciate his help!  Then on Saturday we have a family get together at my mother in laws and then Sunday is a total day of relaxation!!  The weather is supposed to be perfect with cooler temps (80's) and who knows what we will do!!!

I have been on a clean and simple card kick lately! I needed to make a couple of masculine birthday cards and I needed to make them fast!  Right now I am totally addicted to the hexagon shapes so I got out my Silhouette and cute out a hexagon shape using the new Moxxie Forever Family collection,  and then made a mat for them.  I love to use my sewing machine and I quickly stitched around the card.  I then added my sentiment.  I love my set of Lawn Fawn  sentiments.  They are just perfect.  Next I randomly placed my hexagons on the card.I then pop dotted some to add some dimension and then randomly added some brown buttons.  So quick and easy and just perfect for some upcoming family birthdays!
supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white
paper- moxxie
buttons- paper trey ink
stamp- lawn fawn
ink- hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday with a new project.  Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
-mp

19 comments:

Norma G. said...

You guys be careful moving all that stuff. Very nice card :D

scrappymo! said...

Good luck with the moving and great masculine card!

Tanya Ham said...

Super cute - those colors are gorgeous! :)

Tammy said...

Moving stuff....that sounds familiar! :) Hope you get it done quickly. Love your card and the sewing lines around the outside! Have a great weekend.

Izzy Anderson said...

Super duper fun card! I love the colorful paper and the cute hexagons.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great card, Mary Pat! The hexagons are so much fun!

Unknown said...

Oh been there, done that with the classroom table moving! Hope you get it done quickly and get out of there. I love your card and it looks versatile enough to use as a masculine card (I need more masculine card ideas!)

Connie Mercer said...

yes I am ready for the weekend~super cute card!!!

Unknown said...

o0o0o0, I love this card!!!

Janet's Joy said...

Loving those hexagons!

Janet's Joy said...

Loving those hexagons!

Mary Jo said...

So cute!
Love the hexagons :)

Annette Allen said...

totally love hexagons...great card design.

SandeeNC said...

wow, surprised the school doesn't offer some kind of help for you, lucky you have your husband to help out! Love the masculine hexagon card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Christina said...

Have fun getting the room ready-I had lunch with a teacher friend today and she was doing the same thing! Love the hexagons on this card!!

Kelly Roberts said...

what a great job you did on this card! it looks so good.

Margie Higuchi said...

Hope you got the moving all done and you survived! Love your card = LOVE Hexagons!! Sounds like another busy weekend in your household :) We are off for a short vacation - no scrapbooking...just a good book!

Just wanted to write THANK YOU for always commenting on my blog...means SO MUCH!! xo

Katherine said...

What a super card love all the hexagons :)

Katie said...

I love the hexagon look! Your stitching looks great, as always!

Post a Comment