Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Thing I Hate About Being A Mom and A New Layout

Hey everyone,
The thing that every mom hates (at least I think so) is when you are at work and you get the dreaded phone call from your child's school that he/she is sick.  Well I got that phone call early Friday afternoon.  I have a special ring tone on my iPhone for the kids school.  So when it rang I knew it wasn't going to be good--Michael had been throwing up--YUCK!  So I rushed out there and picked up the kids.  I just hate it when they are sick especially when they are still babies.  He looked so terrible--pale as a ghost and just terrible!  His eyes lit up when he saw and said real soft "Mum!".   My heart broke.  I hate it when they are sick.  I would much rather be sick then see them feeling awful.  So the one of the things I hate about being a mom is seeing my kids feeling just plain yucky!  Plus now I have tons of laundry to do with all the towels from throwing up to wash.--Never a dull moment here!

Well on to my layout--this is another layout I did from the Fancy Pants collection.  Every couple of years or so I try to do a layout of my husband, and this is what I came up with.  I am still stuck of my sewing machine so I created this border around the paper.


As I said before I am not a swirly lover.  I like clean and simple lines but i decided to try it.  I am not in love with this layout but I am happy that I tried something new and stepped waaaay out of my comfort zone on this one.  The journaling is about how supportive my husband is of my scrap addiction.  I have taken him and the kids several times  with me to pick up supplies for my layouts etc.  He has also been to Michaels a million times using a coupon because I need 2 things on sale etc.  He is happy that I scrap!  Got to love that!

Supplies
cardstock: bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Fancy Pants
Ink:  Tim Holtz Barn Door
Embellisments:  Fancy Pants

Well I am off to run errands--yes stopping by the scrap store and chicos--oh man am I in trouble!  I will tell you tomorrow what I bought.  Hopefully I will be good!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely layout! I like clean and simple lines, too, but I think your swirls are very nice. My husband is also very supportive of my scrapping, since he is the family photographer and loves to have his pictures appreciated! Hope your kids are feeling much better.

Steph said...

Cute layout. I like the stitching. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Tracy said...

Awww that is the worst, when you children are sick, you just want to snuggle them and make it all better.
I love you layout. I do like the swirls, but I am a swirlly girl teehee. I do like clean lines as well though.
My hubby supports my addiction..I mean scrap'n hobby. He even talks me into purchases. LOL

Post a Comment