Saturday, October 30, 2010

Future Artist

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  Once again we have a busy  weekend with a flag football game, scrapbook garage sale, beggar's night, and then trying to fit in some time to relax.  Hopefully that will come on Sunday!

OK I have a scrapbooking  question for you all--What do you do when you have a great picture, but for some reason you are just blocked on.  Meaning you just can't get a cute layout together for it.  I am working on a picture of Jack in a pirate costume for pirate camp, and I have been working on it for 4 days now.  I think I got a good idea-start cutting the paper and then when it is all together I just don't like it.    Usually I just say--hey that is the way it is going to look, but for some reason I keep retrying this one.  What do you guys do when you can't seem to get a great layout together?

Future Artist

I love this picture of Michael.  We were down the basement.  My scrap area is there and it is connected to the playroom.  The boys have a desk close to mine as well as an easel.  Michael is my little artist.  He loves to sit next to me and color and do stickers etc.  It is so cute.  However on this day I guess I wasn't watching him too closely.  I was probably trying to get some work done and well Michael said "look" and I looked over and this is what I saw.  His face was all marked up with the dry erase markers.  Thank goodness the markers are washable and it was a bath night.

To make this layout I got to use my new martha stewart punch (I got it with my Oprah 50% off coupon).  I love this new punch.  I can see myself using this a lot. 


Supplies:
Cardstock Close to My Heart and bazzill
pattern paper:  Close To My Heart
Button and button twine:  paper trey ink
tools:  fiskars border punch and martha stewart punch
ribbon:  michael's

Well I hope everyone has a good day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new post and layout. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

sometime that happens to me. Here a u tube on pirate maybe it will give you some inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Y0Z0Y8rG0&feature=related Hope it helps. Watching for your post tomorrow.

Steph said...

I love that punch. Looks like I will need to get to Michael's this weekend.

Tracy said...

What a cute layout. I can see lots of possiblities with this punch.
Good luck with your layout, it will come together. Walk away and come back to it later, sometimes that helps.

Post a Comment