Friday, October 15, 2010

Fun Friday + A Layout!

Hey everyone!

Well tonight is my first crop! It is from 5-12.  I know I won't last till  midnight--way too tired for that, but  I have my bag packed with 3 layout kits and a card kit.  I think that will keep me busy.  If I finish all that I will be pretty excited.  Actually I will be happy to get about 50% of it done.  Here are my questions for you--why do you go to crops--to get stuff done or to socialize? and How much do you get done?  I am going to meet my girlfriend  and we don't get to see much of each other these days--we no longer teach at the same school--she has 2 kids and life is just busy--so I am going to go to hang out with her and hopefully get some stuff done.  Can't wait--I will tell you all about it later in the weekend.

Here is today's layout. 

I love cars and trucks!

As I mentioned earlier I found this John Deere truck at a garage sale this summer and Jack just loves it!  At his birthday party he had a couple of friends and cousins over and all the kids wanted to drive the truck.  It was crazy.  They had so much fun.  Each one wanted to drive etc. 

With this layout I used my favorite Imaginisce Let's Roll paper collection.  I also used their chipboard stickers.  For the smoke coming out of the car and truck I used the I Rock tool with the crystal clear gems.  I  think it turned out so cute!


A close up of the gems--Just love my I Rock!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  bazzill
Corner chomper:  We Are Memory Keepers
Everything else--Imaginisce

What does everyone have in store for the weekend?  We have a little bit of a calm weekend. Jack has his football game on saturday and that is about it.  Thanks for stopping by!  I will post tomorrow with a new layout!

6 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Good Luck and have a grand time with other scrappers. Once you get started with crops you can never get enough. Wonderful layout too.

Karen said...

Cute layout. Once you get to the crop you may get a burst of energy and wind up staying till midnight and not even realizing it! Have fun!

Pam said...

I love your layout! I was just thinking this morning that I need to call a couple of friends over for a craft night. I love going to crops to both catch-up and to socialize. It seems like I always get more done at a crop. But the thing I don't like is when I forget something.:-P Have fun tonight!

Sharla said...

Very cute layout and I love the "smoke", very cool effect!

I used to go to weekend crop getaways about every 6 months, mostly to meet up with friends that I haven't seen for awhile and to enjoy a hobby that we all shared. It's been a couple years since I've been to one...I think I'm way overdue and need to look into attending one soon!
Have fun!

ScrappnBee said...

goood luck at the crop! Love the blinged exhaust in the layout!

Tracy said...

Your layout is so cute.
I have gone to a couple of all day crops. I do get more done, as there are no disruptions.
But I like to scrap at home as I hate to forget something.
Enoy your crop, you may stay later then you think.

Post a Comment