Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween and Fall Cards With A Muse Stamps + My Shopping Update!

Hey everyone,
First I must tell you about my shopping excursion to Michael's.  I dragged hubby and kids because I needed to use multiple coupons.  I was ready to get me some more Martha Stewart products with my coupon--well, I was too late--the Martha isle was almost completely gone.  The worker that works the scrapbook isle told me that they have been so busy because of this coupon.  Well I ended up getting some odd stuff with the coupon.  First I got a set of extra blades for my circle maker (not exciting at all!) and then I got a new punch.  It has slots on it to thread ribbon.  I am pretty excited about this one. I can't wait to try it out.  It wasn't something that I was going after but I have had my eye on it for some time now.  So I got it. And then I got a small portable fiskars trimmer.  I am going on my crop this Friday and I don't have a portable trimmer.  It got good reviews so I got it to go in my scrap bag.   I also got a bunch of stuff that was non scrapbooking.  I found a great white/pin board to go in the kitchen above my desk. It is kind of a pottery barn type.   I have wanted  to get something to hang up little things like birthday invitations--reminders to call the dentist etc.  Love it! And then I got a smaller one (with the same matching wood frame) to go on the side.  Again just to keep me organized.  I love to stay organized!  So nothing that makes you go WOW on my shopping but I am very happy with what I got!  Here is a quick picture of my board--as you can see my desk is a mess.  Everyone throws all their stuff on my desk.  Plus we charge all our phones, nook etc here on my desk. 

 Now on to my scrappin!
I have to say that my local scrap store Simply Scrapbooks is awesome.  This past summer they were one of a few stores to debut the new fall and holiday stamps from A Muse.  Jenn Sherkus came to teach the class using all the new stamps.  It was so fun.  I even got to sit across the table from Jennifer Mcguire and Jana Millen.  It was a lot of fun to listen to Jenn teach and then see the adaptations that Jennifer made to the card.  It was very cool.  I ,of course, followed the directions as they were given.


\
I love the small cards.  I believe the dimensions are 3.5 x 5 inches.  All the supplies are from A Muse.  Here are two links:
1.  jenn shurkus  she was our teacher and she is super talented in stamping and card making.  Check it out if you want to be inspired!
2.A Muse  their stamps and paper are super cute.  I really had never heard of them ( I am typically a Hero Arts or Paper Trey Ink stamper) but they have some really cute stuff. 

Well I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.  I will be back on Friday.  I will let you know how my packing for my first crop is going.    Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Angie Moses said...

cute cards!

Steph said...

Sounds like a good shopping trip. Cute cards.

Murphy's Law said...

very cute cards. sounds like the shopping plan worked.

Anonymous said...

super cute cards!

Tracy said...

Nice shopping trip even though the Martha isle was empty.
Nice cards. Now that would be cool to create with Jennifer, lucky you.

Sharla said...

Very cute cards, love background on the owl one!

Post a Comment