Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Start to Finish with Moxxie!

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday over on the Moxxie blog was my debut!!  So I thought I would share my work here as well!  So let's get to it- o.k.??

Whenever I start a project I always make a sketch first.  So today I am going to share one of my sketches.
With this sketch I knew I wanted to work with the Faith Collection.  Jack is going on 7 years old and I had never found the perfect paper to scrap his Baptism.  Well, Moxxie had it.  This line is perfect and the name of the collection says it all- Faith!

So with the sketch I cut out all my different layers of paper and I sewed around the edges. You can't really tell that I machine stitched around the edges-- but I did. 
Next I knew I needed to add a bit of mist and paint.  With the way the sketch was designed I wanted to keep the visual diagonal going on the paper so I added some paint in the top right and the bottom left.  I added 3 different colors from Mister Huey by Studio Calico- Heirloom Blue, Powder Blue and Shine.  These colors really matched the paper well.

I liked how the colors really pop on the light paper.

Now it was time to add all the pieces together.
The border strip is one of the Faith collection Die Cut Border strips.  It worked perfectly.  I love how everything looked so I glued everything down and all I need to do was add my photos, title, and journaling.

Here is the final look!
I really liked how it turned out!

Hope you enjoyed my Start to Finish with Moxxie!  I will have a new Start to Finish every month with a new sketch!

I will be back on Thursday with a new project!  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp


20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

lovely layout...Love those DP you used...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I loved seeing how your page came together from sketch to finish! It's a great debut. :) This now makes you a Moxxie Debutante. :)

Mary Jo said...

Perfect job with the sketch!
Congrats again! :)

Jingle said...

Very nice layout! It's always fun to see the process!

Joy said...

Beautiful! Really love the paint detail you added.

Kimberly Kett said...

Great sketch and I love how the whole layout came together! Very nice work :)

Just Jaime said...

The paper looks perfect, just like you said. Great choice!

Connie Mercer said...

perfect!!! beautiful LO!!!

Katie said...

I love this paper, it is perfect for a baptism! Thanks for sharing your sketch! Its always fun to see how everyone works from beginning to end!

Catherine said...

Beautiful LO...that paper line is great for the baptism.

Unknown said...

Great layout!

SandeeNC said...

beautifully done! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Sue Althouse said...

Fun to get a peek at your scrapping process! Great page!

Margareta Carlsson said...

Beautiful! I love the blue colors! And such a wonderful moment in those photos. :)

Tammy said...

Love the sketch and a look into your process. These papers are perfect for a baptism. It turned out great! :)

Izzy Anderson said...

I love your sketch and page. You found the perfect paper indeed. Fun look at your process too.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.
I like your sketches and seeing the finished pages from them :)

Anonymous said...

lovely layout!!!

Janet's Joy said...

Well done! Nice to share your process.

Becky said...

Love seeing your process! The finished outcome is great!

Post a Comment