Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday Butterflies and Mist

Happy Thursday,

What are your favorite colors these days?  I have to say I am really stuck on grey, yellow and blue.  I can't get enough of them!  I was wanting a super quick project the other day.  I needed a break from DT work so I brought out one of my scrap bags filled with My Mind's Eye goodies and I created this card.  

First I used the grey and white checked paper.  I wanted to jazz it up a bit and I used my Studio Calico mask and sprayed it heavily and lightly in certain areas with Heirloom Blue from Studio Calico.  I let it dry and then I cut out different sizes of butterflies (I don't know about you but I LOVE butterflies).  The smaller ones I wrapped twine around the middle.  I then added some letter stickers by Cosmo Cricket and I called it a day.  I really love projects that take less then 30 minutes from start to finish!

supplies
paper- My Mind's Eye
mist & mask- Studio Calico
die cuts- Paper Trey Ink
twine- My Mind's Eye
alphabet- Cosmo Cricket

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  See you then!
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

17 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

what a great card~love the misting, goes perfect with your paper!!! awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

love this! great job!

Tammy said...

Fun card! Love the blues and yellows and butterflies. I've been scrapping with brights lately - lots of yellow, green, bright pink. I love the summery colors. :)

Becky said...

I love the masking! I still need to try that :)

Janet's Joy said...

Yup...love,misting,masking,butterflies,MME....
perfect card!!!

Unknown said...

Love your masking, beautiful!!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

Ohhh beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great card, those butterflies are too cute!

byondbzr said...

Love the masking, great butterflies too!

Sue Althouse said...

That is a great color palette and I love your patterned paper butterflies!

Katie said...

Your card is beautiful! And I love that it only took thirty minutes!

Pamela said...

Wonderful card! I love it! :)

Jennifer Smith-Sloane said...

Super cute card! Love the depth!

Katherine said...

Beautiful I love that mask....have to look out for it...I still like purple but I don't really scrap with that colour.....scrap wise I tend to go bright with reds and oranges and blues and a bit of green and yellow.....ok there is no single colour :D

~Tammy~ said...

Love your fun papers you used! Fantastic design!

Tracy said...

Great card. I love how you used twine for their bodies. Neat idea :)

Post a Comment