Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Mini Part One

Happy Tuesday!

Do you have a comfort zone when you paper craft?  I know I do for sure!  I love to scrap and I love to make cards.  I am pretty solid in those areas; however, mini albums are WAY out of my comfort zone.  I don't know why.  I guess it is because I have never tried one before.  I have seen soo many talented ladies make them but I have never tried it.  So I don't know about you but I wanted to do something different in my paper crafting so I decided to try my hand at a mini album.  For my first attempt I was pleased-- is it totally awesome?  No, but I do like it!  I decided to make a mini album of Michael.  I took my favorite photos of him throughout his first year and created his first year book.  I have not scrapped a lot of these photos before because I was having a hard time adjusting to a new little baby at 42 years old and recovering from the loss of my father.  I did not scrap at all for his first year- SO I thought I would make this mini and I am so glad I did!

The book measures 4x6 and uses the Baby Boy collection from Bella Blvd.  This mini was made for Cord Scrapbook Studio. Here are the first 4 months!







Everything is Bella Blvd.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will have part two of my mini tomorrow.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

24 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Ohhhh, this is so cute...Can't wait for part 2.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so cute, Mary Pat! The Bella couldn't be more perfect. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Janet's Joy said...

Very sweet album and I too am looking forward to part 2!

Connie Mercer said...

that is adorable!!! Love the small size, great brag book too!!!

Madeline said...

Oh this is adorable! You did such a great job!

Loni said...

Great mini! That is so sweet.

Tanya Ham said...

Love this! Awesome job! :)

Unknown said...

This IS totally awesome! I love the mini, you did a great job, adorable =)

Just Jaime said...

Great job! I love the design! Great pp choice! I can't believe it's your first!

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is just too cute...i love it..

Sue Althouse said...

Your mini turned out great! I'm with you, they are usually my thing.

Danielle said...

This is so cute! That is a great line of paper. I also tend to stick to what I am familiar with, but lately I have been stepping out of the box and trying new things. You did an awesome job on your first mini!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice.. have you tried making this mini with toilet paper holders.. this is awesome thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

I love this, Mary Pat! Awesome mini!

Michelle said...

I love this. You should make more of them.

SandeeNC said...

I think that getting out of our comfort zone is very important in keeping your creativity fresh! I love that you have pushed yourself into making a mini album, they are also great gift ideas for your realtives and friends! Keep on pushing and growing, your mini album is darling! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet!!!

Jackie said...

First one? Wow, it's fabulous, are you hooked yet? I love them :)

Katie said...

I love your mini album! I've never made one either - they are definitely out of my comfort zone!

Becky said...

I know exactly what you mean about minis, they are daunting! Yours is fantastic and a great way to capture Michael's first year :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

It looks like you are pretty comfortable to me! This is such a sweet project. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

gale said...

cute cute cute!! The pics are just adorable and the book is perfect!

Tracy said...

Your mini album is perfect. Such sweet photos.
Sounds like a time of change and growth for you during that time.

Izzy Anderson said...

Total sweetness! The Bella line is perfect for these cute photos. How great to go back and scrap these now. Great mini.

Post a Comment