Friday, August 26, 2011

A Doodle Challenge

Oh Yes it is Friday!!!!!!!!

Who is excited that today is Friday?  I know I am.  I am exhausted!!!  Does anyone have any exciting plans? Not here--thanks goodness.  We are just relaxing! The weather is supposed to be awesome so we will be outside.

Any crafting plans?  Not here.  I taking some time off.  I worked like a dog all summer on my classes, work for the store, and with some orders of cards that I am taking a bit of time just to relax after school and hang with my boys.  If I feel motivated than I  might make something.  I can't stay away for too long.hehehehehehe

When I first started scrapping I mainly used cardstock but then the owner of my local scrap store showed me this beautiful baby collection and I fell in love instantly.  It was Doodlebug Design.  I thought it was awesome.  For a birthday present my husband bought me 5 sheets of every bazzill cardstock that matched the line.  I was in heaven!!!  Well anyway --- they now have a blog and and they have started doing some sketches (they call them doodles).  Well you know how I love challenges so I just had to make a card using their first doodle.



Very cute design. no?  Well I had to break into my stash and I put together this little card.  I really like how it turned out. Here is my take on the sketch. Just had to add a touch of bling on the heart.  I am going to put this in my hubby's lunch next week.  I can't wait!!
Supplies
cardstock-doodlebug, neenah solar white
die cut-doodlebug, quickutz
stamp-hero arts
ink-hero arts
tools-ek success border punch, sewing machine
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I will be back on Monday with a ton of cards featuring Basic Grey Oxford.  I had to do a display for the store using their card kit. I made 12 cards last weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by! You all are the best!
-mp

10 comments:

Katie said...

What a great card. I love the colors, and the little touch of bling on the heart. It'll be so nice for him to get such a pretty card in his lunch! Have a great relaxing weekend!

Steph said...

Jealous of your nice weather! Adorable card.

Becky said...

What a fun card and I love the idea of putting it in hubby's lunch! So going to snag that idea!! Also love the little bit of bling!

Have a nice relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a great card!

Danielle said...

Very cute card!

Mary Jo said...

So adorable! :)

Sharla said...

Ok..LOVE that card! I love the background paper, I had to go buy me several colors of that same style cuz it's so dang cute!

No weekend plans for us, just a little bit of shopping, maybe a movie, or some baking, and I want to work on some digi stuff.

Have a great weekend!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, I love love this! Your paper choices are so perfect and love the colors! Our weekend plans are rain from good ol' Irene! Fun Fun!

Annette Allen said...

wow your card came out amazing... I lOVE IT... great job on that sketch challenge..

Tracy said...

Awww how sweet that you are going to put this in his lunch :)

Looks like a fun sketch, yet again you rocked the sketchs.

Thank you for the Hugs last week.

Post a Comment