Monday, August 22, 2011

A Monday Odd Challenge

Hey everyone,
Did you all have a great weekend?  We did.  We actually relaxed.  It was wonderful.  Saturday I went into the scrapbook store and dropped off some work and picked up some more.  It is never ending right now with all the CHA stuff coming in. The really we just hung out for the rest of the day.  Sunday we went to Jack's open house for kindergarten.  It was wonderful and he is so excited.  He starts on Tuesday.  I start back tomorrow.  We have 2 inservice days to start out.  I have plenty of stuff to do. 

The new challenge is up over at Some Odd Girl.  This challenge we had to create a card using this color wheel.



The idea was to pick a primary and secondary color for the card.  I chose Red and Green.  This color scheme is perfect for my stamp--Prof Inch.  Here is my card:


I think the little inch worm is just too darn cute.  For this card I ran my red cardstock through my cuttlebug to emboss it just to give it a bit of texture.  I then stamped my ledger stamp using my Jenni Bowlin stamp ink.  I then added my sentiment and ran it through my border punch.  Next I added the apple sticker from Memory Works and and pop dotted my inch worm.  Finally I added some buttons in coordinating colors.

Supplies
cardstock- bazzill, neenah solar white
ink-Jenni Bowlin
stamps- Some Odd Girl, Hero Arts
markers- copic
buttons- paper trey ink
tools-ek success border punch, cuttlebug embossing folders


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout. Hope you have a great day.  See ya then!

16 comments:

Tracy said...

So sad that your holidays have come to an end :(
We have a few weeks left before school starts here, and I am enjoying every last one of them.
Your card is so cute, I agree that worm is adorable.

hilde janbroers said...

cute card!!!!

Arlene said...

Such a really cute and adorable card! Glad you had a relaxing weekend before starting back. :)

Becky said...

This is so fun! Great for back to school :)

Isn't it awesome to have your kids excited about school? So much better than the alternative. Have a good day!

Just Jaime said...

Love that apple!

Steph said...

Very cute card!

Annette Allen said...

this card is just too cute...
Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend...
Happy Monday..

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card. I love the little worm!

Danielle said...

In one word, that little worm is ADORABLE! Very cute card!

ScrappnBee said...

super cute card! Love the inchworm! What a great back to school card...and a neat challenge! Thanks for sharing -Amanda

Elena said...

Prof Inch seems so sweet in this project, the colors fit perfectly the theme this time... Good job!
Thank you for joining us at SomeOddGirl for our Complimentary Color Challenge this time, hope to see you again next challenge too!

Hugs,
Elena

Maria said...

Very cute card! I love the little worm!
Hugs
Maria

Unknown said...

Love the cute worm...adorable. Thanks for joining our challenge on SOG.
Caz
x

Pam said...

How cute and colorful! Love it! :-)

Amy said...

This is super cute! Great mix of stamps they all work so perfectly together for the school theme and the texture of the embossed background is always fab! Thanks for joining us at the SOG challenge!

Tasha said...

Oh this is totally adorable! Love the apple and the super use of buttons - love it
Thank you for playing the Some Odd Girl Challenge
love tasha xx

Post a Comment