Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer's Last Friday

Hey Everyone,

Well for our household this is the last day of Summer.  Today I take Jack for a 2 hour new student orientation at his new school.  He is really excited.  He just met a couple more students from his summer camp that are going to the school as well.  Should be pretty fun!  After that I am not sure what the 3 of us will do for the rest of the day.  If it is nice maybe just hang out! 

Any big plans for the weekend?  We really do not.  Saturday is completely open for us.  So I am not sure what we are going to do.  On Sunday we have open house at Jack's school from 12:30 - 1:30.  We are able to take in all his school supplies and see his classroom etc. 

Any crafty plans? I hope to get in my scraproom and make a couple of layouts.  I need to make two layouts for Simply Scrapbooks.  I will be using the 3 Bugs in a Rug Under the Sea.  I have several beach photos that need to be scrapped.  I also have a couple of challenges that I need to work on as well.  So I should be busy!  Here is a quick picture of some of the paper.  Too cute!!!



Today over at Scrap Our Stash I am up with a my take on the August Challenge.  The challenge is to redo a layout or project from your past.  I have this thing--I talked about it before-- I don't redo!! Just a personal thing.  So I asked Kathy if I could do something else and she was awesome and said that I could show how my style has changed over the years.  So now that is fun!!!!  I highlight a layout I did over 8 years ago.  My st lye is basically the same (always has been)-clean and simple.  Back then there was not the amount of embellishments like today.  So I wanted to share a layout of my hubby and I in Spain on our honeymoon.  We put our heads in one of those cut outs for Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.  Then my layout for now is one that I did of the 2 of us for our anniversary.  So style is the same basically but now it is just bit jazzier I guess.  Click  HERE   to see the post.

Well I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  I will be back on Monday with another project.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  See ya soon!
-mp



10 comments:

Becky said...

I love that you love your old layouts! That first one you showed reminds me of some of my first layouts too :) Have a great weekend!

Annette Allen said...

Mary...thanks for stopping by and entering my blog candy..good luck.
Have a wonderful Friday.

Christina said...

It's awesome that you still love your old layouts! I found an album I started on from our honeymoon back in 1998-yikes! Apparently I was a big fan of Mary Engelbreit back then! :)

Hope you have a relaxing weekend-we are back to school next week too!

Jingle said...

I love wide open weekend days! I hope you have a great one!

Tammy said...

Oh, that 3 Bugs paper is so cute! Can't wait to see what you create with it. Loved reading about how your style has evolved. Enjoy your last summer weekend! :)

ScrappnBee said...

Love the layouts! I haven't printed on vellum in ages! That submarine paper looks cool! Have fun at orientation! Enjoy the weekend! -Amanda

Katie said...

I love that paper! Its really cool to see how your style evolved, but I'm with you, I don't redo anything. It is what it is, and that's fine!

Tracy said...

Good luck to your little one going to school next week.

That paper is so cute.

Oh I look forward to a weekend with no plans, but that only happens in the winter...and i am not looking forward to the winter.

Sharla said...

No plans for us for the weekend, we are doing lazy and care free, I do think we will take in a movie, going to see Captain America. Hope it's good!! I love those under the sea papers, and the post of how your pages have changed!

Amy said...

Love the layout you posted! So fun to see how style changes over time! That 3 bugs line is CuTE!!!

Post a Comment