Monday, August 18, 2014

Core'dinations Design Team Call

Hello!
Welcome to Siehled With A Kiss.  Today I have a fun filled post for you today.  Core'dinations is having their Design Team Call and I am once again applying to be on this totally amazing team.  If you have followed my blog for any part of time you know that I am totally addicted to all things Core'dination.  I can't seem to make a project without it!  I have a couple of projects for you today.  

My first project uses the brand NEW Chalk Core.  This cardstock is so awesome and amazing! The cardstock comes in both White and Colors.  I use both of these types in my Back to School Chalkboard Sign!  On this project I demonstrate the techniques of Outlining and Sanding!


1.  Place the 12x12 Chalk Core over a die cut piec.  
2.  Sand the Chalk Core using a Sand It Gadget to reveal the inner core.  
3.  Die cut the letters and numbers using a Die Cut Machine,   (I used my Silhouette) and then Sand the letters and numbers.  
4. Optional Step- I used a Gel White Pen and added the lines just to add a bit more dimension to the letters.
5.  Adhere the letters on the cardstock.
6.  Have your son or daughter pose with the sign on the first day of school and you will have a memorable photo!

I made a How To Video for you on how this project came about.  

Supply list
Chalk Core (White and Color)
Sand It Gadget
Dust Buddy
Silhouette
White Gel Pen

For my Second Project I have a fun Scrapbook layout to share.  The project Let's Roll used many fun techniques using the amazing Core Cardstock.  It uses the tearing, dry embossing, corrugating, and sanding! There are so many fun things you can do with the Core Cardstock to make each project unique!

I have a video that demonstrates all the amazing techniques!  I hope you enjoy it.
Supply List
Cardstock- Core Essentials (Darks and Neutrals)
Pattern Paper and Chipboard- Echo Park
Stamps- Some Odd Girl
Ink- Jenni Bowlin
Dies- Paper Smooches
Sand It Gadget
Dust Buddy

For my third project I have a card.  I love stamping and Core'dinations has THE best cardstock for stampers.  Core'dinations has a new line called Basics and there is a 110 lb. cardstock and it is so perfect for using alcohol markers.  On this project I dry emboss, color, stamp, die cut and sand the cardstock!

 To create this card:
1.  Cut a base that is slightly smaller (4x5.25) and emboss it using an embossing folder.
2.  Stamp using Memento ink your stamped images on the 110 lb. cardstock and color with your favorite pencils or markers.  I used the Spectrum Noir markers.
3.  Cut the images out.
4.  Using the Core Essentials Sand the paper. It is a lot easier to sand first using the Sand It Gadget. This will give your image a bit of a distressed look.
5.  Stamp you image using your favorite ink.
6.  Cut the image out.
7.  Die Cut some grass and arrange the items on the card.

Supply List
Cardstock- Core Basics 110. lb, Gemstones, Core Essentials
Stamps- The Alley Way Stamps
Ink- Memento, Hero Arts
Spectrum Noir Markers
Darice Embossing Folder
Sand It Gadget
Dust Buddy
Silhouette

I have also included a couple of photos of some of my all time favorite projects that I made during the last term of the DT.  Enjoy!






Thanks so much for joining me today.  I hope you see how much I love Core'dinations!  It simply is THE best cardstock to create all your projects.  

Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Love your "1st Day" sign, so fun.
I am sure you will make the DT again this year, they would be crazy not to have you on their team :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome projects, Mary Pat, love the first day of school sign you made and I'm not sure if I ever saw your Bon Voyage card, so cool! I hope you're selected again, you do such a wonderful job with their papers!

Becky said...

Such awesome projects! I have to say, when I saw that first photo, I thought it was clip art or something!! Such an awesome job!!

Tanya Ham said...

They are ALL such awesome projects!! You really know how to bring out the best in the core'dinations cardstock, for sure!!! Good luck on the Design Team call! :)

DBMM said...

Hey Mary Pat! Those are beautiful LO's. I will be crossing my fingers so you can join Core'dinator's design team. There is no way they won't love your style.

Cindy deRosier said...

Love your projects, especially the first day sign! I'd say you're a shoo-in for the team.

Ava Gavloski said...

Wow MaryPat, that is one collection of projects that truly showcase Coredinations. Lovely.

Katie said...

Wonderful projects, as always MaryPat! Good luck with the call!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many wonderful projects! I love them all.

Post a Comment