Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Core'dinations Crossing Over

Happy Tuesday!

How's it going?  Things have been awesome here.  Last week the family went on an awesome vacation to Florida.  We had a wonderful time.  It has been a dream of mine to see dolphins and I was able to go on a dolphin cruise and we saw a ton.  Now I want to swim with them!!!!

In May Jack was so excited that he was "Crossing Over" in Cub Scouts.  I got this photo of him when he came back with is new bandana and pin.  I was so proud that he did the necessary steps to Cross Over.  So you know me I just had to scrap it!  For this layout I broke out my Core'dinations and layerd my cardstock. I then scored the blue cardstock and sanded it. I then tore it to expose the inside core.  I also used my Silhoeutte to create the title and use the negative space.  I then layered my pattern paper and added some new Core'dinations Smooth tags.  I then took my marker and doodled around to create a border.  Finally I added some embellishments and tags ( Chic Tags and Elle's Studio).  I really love how this turned out!

supplies
cardstock and tags- Core'dinations
pattern paper- my minds eye
wood veneer- studio calico
tags- elle's studio and chic tags
twine- the stringer
flair

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and scrappy day!
mp

19 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the design of this layout!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your vacation in FL-that's my home state (Sarasota)My mom and I went to FL ,as well, in mid-May and went on a Dolphin Cruise at the Tampa Aquarium. We got to see some dolphin babies...pretty cool!
Congrats on Jack crossing over-such a big accomplishment:) Love your layout

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm glad you had some wonderful R&R, Mary Pat. Welcome back! Love this scouting page and the confetti of wood veneer. In Girl Scouts, they call it bridging when you move to the next level. :)

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!

Dana Tatar said...

Great page! I love the torn edges!

Tracey McNeely said...

Glad to see you back and what a cute layout of your little man! A proud mama moment.

Becky said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful! So glad you had a great time! Jack looks adorable in this photo, so proud :)

Connie Mercer said...

I remember these days:):) congrats to your little guy and great LO!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Mary Pat. I love this boy scout scrap page. Sometimes things such as boy scouts is hard to scrap yet you did a beautiful job. I need to pin this for future reference.

Tasha said...

Cute page!

Unknown said...

whoa this is rockin! love all of it!

Tanya Ham said...

Great layout, and so glad you had a great vacation ... marking something off your bucket list (and adding a new one)!

Katie said...

That sounds like such a fun vacation! Its so great that you got to see the dolphins!

Your layout is really fun! Congratulations to Jack!!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! How exciting. What a little doll too, so sweet and what a wonderful day for him with his scouts. Beautiful layout!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a dream vacation :)
Great layout and good for Jack :)

Barbara said...

I really love the dark background. Really loving the stars too.

Cindy deRosier said...

My son's tiger-to-wolf crossing fell on the our anniversary and we already had non-refundable reservations at a B&B. Grandma took him to the crossing over, but only took one (terrible) snapshot. I'm so bummed not to have a great picture. I might have to stage one. :) I love what you did with yours.

gale said...

Great layout and congrats to your son!! Love the layout. You make the most of the effects of this kind of card stock!

Kimberly Kett said...

Sweet photo and Congrats to him!! Love how you kept this layout clean and simple!

Post a Comment