Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Adventure

Happy Tuesday,

Oh I know for many of you summer is still under way.  Being a teacher I need to start getting back into school mode.  Last week I found out that I am going to be moving rooms (which is a good thing) so I went back into school to start boxing up my stuff and clearing out the new room.  I can't believe I only have a couple of weeks left of summer vacation.  Where has the time gone????

Cord Scrapbook Studio gave me the Aboard kit to work with from Studio Calico.  I must say I had so much fun working with this collection.  I wanted to try making a 12x12 background using my silhouette and then using some of the negative space with the pattern paper.  As soon as I saw the hexagon background I bought it.  I am a little late to the game with the hexagons.  It usually takes me awhile to try something new but I really love the shape!

This layout is of our Florida vacation from 2011.  We always do one new thing and last year we took a boat ride to the famous Cap's Restaurant.  This restaurant has been around since the 1920's.  Al Capone used to run his bootleg licour here.  My parents went to this restaurant on their honeymoon.  It was really fun and the boys really loved the boat ride.  It was a true adventure!

supplies
EVERYTHING is Studio Calico except the black cardstock
Silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new card sketch.  Hope you stop by!  See you then.
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

30 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

One of my favorite shapes!! Loved how you used it in your page :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

There you go, doing awesome things with your Silhouette, Mary Pat! :) I love how you embellished some of the hexagons. Such a great background!

Unknown said...

Well that turned out great! I'm like you when it comes to new trends, wasn't sure I liked the whole hexagon madness but it's growing on me and I like the way you did it in neutral.

Connie Mercer said...

awesome Hex paper~ I need some!!! Love what you did here. Great, great LO!!!

Unknown said...

Great page! Love the background with the hexies cut out!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the hexagons and the whole layout!!

Becky said...

That background is SO cool! Love how this turned out :)

Hey, better to move rooms than schools, right? Isn't that what happened last year?

Beth said...

Pinned this one right away! Love the tone on tone background...I know I'll be scraplifting this!

Erin Bassett said...

Cute! Love the way you did the background!

Just Jaime said...

Love the hexagons! Sad summer is coming to a close for you!

laura said...

I love the hexagon background--looks like you cut that with a cameo and placed it over the same cardstock. Cool effect.

Jingle said...

Awesome layout! I love those hexagons!

Annette Allen said...

wow this layout is so fabulous...i love it..

byondbzr said...

LOVE all the hexagons!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! Love the hexagons!

Lynn said...

Love the hexagons and all the details on your layout. Your title just popped right off the page at me, love it!

Danielle said...

Love, love, love it! I especially like the hexagons that you filled with embellishments.

SandeeNC said...

wow, it seems like only yesterday school was just out! I can't believe you are having to go back to work in only a couple of weeks, yikes, where did summer go? lol Great LO! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Madeline said...

Your hexagon background is amazing! Great page!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Super cute layout, love the hexagons! Both of my inlaws are school teachers so I know all about moving classrooms and what a job that can be!!

Melissa said...

This is amazing!! I love the background you've created.

Sue Althouse said...

Cool background, I love the tone-on-tone look. I agree, summer is flying by. I will need to start ordering music and planning for my piano students very soon.

Erica said...

Fun use if the line !!

JKKoets said...

What a great layout and fun adventure too! We're getting ready for back to school here too. 3 more weeks!

Anita Scroggins said...

love the hexagons on the background paper. Such a great layout!!

Tracy said...

What a fun story behind your wonderful layout.
Now about the school stuff, no talk about that until September, it makes it sound like summer is almost over :(

Penny said...

Great layout and I bet the boys had a ball on that boat ride! I can't imagine packing up all those school supplies! Love Penny

Katie said...

This is an awesome layout! I love the honeycomb cut in the background! Its such a fun touch :)

Norma G. said...

I feel like summer is really flying by too. I'm not looking forward to getting getting ready for back to school. I really love the hexagon design in your layout and the story is great too :D

Christina said...

summer is moving way too fast! i love this layout- that hexagon overlay/cutout is so cool!

Post a Comment