Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Kite Tails

Happy Monday!

Did you have a great weekend.  We did here!  We didn't get the much needed rain but it did cool off a bit.  Thursday was our wedding anniversary.  We really didn't do anything but Friday my mom watched the kids and we went to the Fraze, an outdoor concert area, and we saw Ambrosia.  Remember for those of you that were around in the 70's the pop music- How much I feel, Your the only woman and Your the Biggest part of me!  I just loved roller skating to them!  Well we went out to eat and then went to the concert.  It was so much fun!  Ambrosia was awesome!  Loved it.  Then on Saturday and Sunday  we just hung out at home and relaxed and played with the kids!

Last week I was up over at Kite Tails Designs.  I had a tutorial on misting and masking.

Have you every tried making a mask using your Silhouette?  Well, it is really fun and very easy!  For my layout I used the Kite Tails Luck O' collection and I wanted a mask that had a sort of Celtic feel.  I found a Celtic Knot design and cut that out to a 12x12 size.  Here is a close up. (Sorry about the shadow)
I then placed this mask on my white cardstock in a box and sprayed my mist.
I let that dry and then made my layout.  

I wanted the mist darker in the top right and lower left .  I really had a fun time making my own mask!  Try it some time.  I think you will really love it!

Supplies
cardstock- bazzill
Everything else is Kite Tails Designs- Luck O'
mist- Mister Huey by Studio Calico

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  Also you are going to want to be sure to check back here later in the week because I am going to be having a blog celebration with my 500th post!  I am so excited.  I will give a hint- Flair! My new favorite embellie!!! You are not going to want to miss a minute!

Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

25 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

I haven't tried making my own mask yet but I do believe you have inspired me to do so!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

The masking looks awesome, Mary Pat! It works to carry your eye through the layout so nicely. Maybe you could give me some misting lessons. I am pretty clueless when it comes to this technique. :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! This has been on my mind to do for months now...you've given me the needed push to try it for myself. I love the celtic knot!

Tammy said...

Great layout! That green misted background is really nice. I don't have a cameo so can't do a full 12x12 but I have done this misting over with doilies I've cut on the Silhouette. It's a great way to add some layering to the background. :)

Tanya Ham said...

That is great! :) I "accidently" learned about making masks ... I was trying to mist my die cut, but the paper underneath ended up looking a lot better! LOL

Erica said...

Looks awesome!!!

Becky said...

Love that you made your own mask, so cool! Happy belated anniversary!!

Jingle said...

Very nice layout!

Mary Jo said...

Happy anniversary! Love your misting mask! Perfect!! Now I know for sure I need a silhouette :)

Unknown said...

Oui La La! I love the masking, it looks absolutely fabulous!!

Connie Mercer said...

love that. Came out amazing girl!! loving the green.

Madeline said...

Your mask worked beautifully! Great page!

Norma G. said...

Beautiful layout! I like using masks too although I'm no pro :D sometimes I just make a huge mess out of things, lol

Danielle said...

Your masked turned out great, as did your layout! I make mask all the time with mine. I use modeling paste through them.

Melissa said...

Wow, your mask is amazing! Awesome layout.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Brilliant!

Christina said...

Love it-what a fun layout!!

laura said...

I have several cut files set aside just for masking and have yet to cut them. Gotta take some scrap time off for scrap prep work...cutting files, and sorting files into folders. Great idea and thanks for sharing.

Katherine said...

Super page - I am loving inks and masking at the moment too :)

Cathy said...

love this! So fun and I need to make some masks from my Silhouette...thanks for the inspiration!

Katie said...

That mask is perfect for the layout! I hope you had a great time celebrating your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see a layout like this from you! I love what you did!!!

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary :)
Great layout, nice photo of the men in your life ;)

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, now that is cool!

Izzy Anderson said...

Your masking is awesome!! Love your page.

Post a Comment