Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday with JIllibean

Hi and Happy Friday!

Are you ready for the weekend?  Any fun plans?  I am pretty excited for Saturday.  My girlfriend and I are meeting at Archivers and we are going to crop all afternoon!! I am so excited.  Since my local store closed I haven't been able to socialize crop and scrap.  Hubby is taking the kids to visit his mother and I get to play.  So excited!! Sunday we don't have any plans.  Hopefully a bike ride or the pool!

This week I had an awesome surprise!  I was surfing my favorite blogs and I came across my debut at Jillibean Soup.  I knew I was going to have my work on this summer but they didn't give me an exact date.  So needless to say I was thrilled when I saw 2 of my 5 projects.

My first project was with Macho Nacho Soup,  I loved this masculine line and it was perfect for my guys.  I had the perfect picture of my three guys taken at the Columbus Zoo.  I really wanted to layer all the different pattern papers and embellies.  I just love the background paper.  So perfect!!

supplies
Everything is Jillibean Soup EXCEPT
Mister Huey mist

I hope everyone has a very fun weekend.  I will be back on Sunday with a VERY fun blog hop with some friends from Social (media) Butterflies.  This is a group of ladies that get together once a month and share some work.  This month the project was to create a layout that was inspired by the new products at CHA.  I will give you a hint at what inspired me- Studio Calico's poloraid film frames..  So if you would like to see my layout and hop along with some talented ladies join us on Sunday.  You could even win some brand new CHA goodie bags!  See you then!

Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
mp

18 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great layout...love the paper but then I love all their lines!

Unknown said...

Great layout! I love their papers but just realized I don't have a stitch of them!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I was so excited to see your projects up on the JB blog! You used this text paper beautifully. I have it in my stash but haven't used it yet.

Tammy said...

Congrats for the features over at the Jillibean blog! How fun. Love this layout with the text background and all the layers. And great photo! You are making me miss Archiver's. I sure wish they would open one here in Orlando..... :) Have a great weekend.

Jingle said...

Very cute!

Janet's Joy said...

You did Jillibean proud! Awesome page!

Madeline said...

Great page! Such wonderful papers for a guy LO.

Annette Allen said...

wow this looks amazing...totally love it

Becky said...

LOVE this layout! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous layout, Mary Pat!
And so fun that it was featured on their blog :)
Have fun at Archiver's! :)

Danielle said...

Such a fun page-love the layers and especially the text background!

SandeeNC said...

When you're making your plans for the week end, don't forget the Olympics! Love the LO, fabulous as always! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tracy said...

Your layout is awesome, perfect masculine layout.
Enjoy your time creating with friends, I say it sounds like a perfect day

Katie said...

I love this layout! I hope you have a great time at the crop! I'm hoping with our next move, we will be close to a scrapbook shop, I really enjoy crops, but there aren't any that are close by here!

Margie Higuchi said...

That's funny....they didn't tell you?! Must be from all the CHA craziness! Glad they featured your projects :) Great page on this post too - always appreciate a masculine theme!

Connie Mercer said...

I love the print paper ~ Love how you used it. Looks amazing!!!!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

This is a super cute layout!!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! I love that newspaper print in the background! Have fun at your crop! I have never been to one :)

Post a Comment