Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Card from Start to Finish

Happy Wednesday!

Have you been crafty this week?  I haven't really been too crafty.  I would like to be but we just haven't had the time to get downstairs.  I have some great projects on my desk but no time.  I hate it when that happens! 

Today I want to bring you a Start to Finish project today.  One of the sketches that I made for Burlap and Buttercups was for a card.  I love to use my pattern paper scraps on my cards.  This card used a bunch of it!

So for my starting point- I always start out with a sketch that I make.  For my card I decided that I wanted to change up the basic sketch and make my paper strips into different sizes of triangles.  I am really into the ray look and the unevenness it gives.


Use a scrap piece of cardstock that is the exact same size as your card.  Using a ruler draw your lines and the pattern you want. 
Then put in numbers so that you know how the pieces fit together.
Next cut out all the pieces and then trace all the  strips on your  pattern pieces of paper.

I like to keep the pattern piece along with the white piece together and in order so that I know how I will arrange them.

Now it is time to put the pattern pieces and arrange them on your card.
Glue all the pieces down.  I then added some machine stitching around the card.  I love to add stitching on my cards whenever I have time.


To make the flower- Start with 2 or 3 different sizes of scallopped circles. Cut them in the same or different pattern paper.

To give the flower a bit of dimension, roll the paper in little balls.
Unfold the flowers and put pop dots  in between the layers.  I added a button for the centerpiece, but you could also add a brad or anything else.
Finished Card- I added a little banner piece with a simple sentiment using a Hero Arts stamp.

Supplies- April kit from Burlap and Buttercups
paper from lily bee, jillibean soup
button- jillibean soup
twine- the twinery
banner- mme
stamp- hero arts
ink- hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my Start to Finish on my card.  I am taking the day off tomorrow, but I will be back on Friday with another new layout.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

24 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is AMAZING...i love how you created this background...totally love it...

Norma G. said...

Oh I love everything about this card, the patterned paper, the bright colors, the stitching and the flowers.....just beautiful!

Margie Higuchi said...

What a great card! Thanks for the tutorial - I know it takes a long time to put one together so I appreciate it! Have a great day :)

Unknown said...

Love the tutorial! Cute card;the colors are pretty:)

Danielle said...

Great design and I love the step by step!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the paper triangles!

Patricia said...

Great card Mary Pat! I really like the uniqueness of it and may just be lifting that idea! I appreciate your comments on my blog! I'm a new follower!

Christina Collins said...

This came out really cute! I love how you used all the different papers. Such a festive card!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great background technique, Mary Pat. Love the finished card!

SandeeNC said...

I love your card, reminds me of a quilt. That sure was a lot of work you put into it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tammy said...

Great card Mary Pat! So fun to see your process from start to finish. Love all the different papers. I have an order on the way with some of that LilyBee. Can't wait to play with it too! :)

ScrappnBee said...

Great card! Love the step by step instructions! Thanks for sharing~ Amanda

Becky said...

So cute!!!! I love all those patterns and how you made the background. Thanks for the step by step! Enjoy your day off tomorrow :)

Katie said...

This is really cool! I love how you shared the whole process! I hope you enjoy your day off!!

Kelly Roberts said...

oh that is so cute! great job on this card!

hilde janbroers said...

great tutorial! thanks!!! and the card is stunning!

Unknown said...

Wonderful tutorial, Mary!

~Tammy~ said...

This is beautiful! Love the papers!

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty. I like the bright happy colours.
That flower is great on here with the banner sticking out from it.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Thank you! Your card is so pretty. I want to do a sunburst, and I couldn't figure out how people are making them. I should try it this way!

Catherine said...

Love this and what a great tutorial.

anniegetyourgluegun said...

I love this card & the instructions are great!!

Dena said...

What a fun card! Thanks for the tutorial!

Aloha,
Dena Jones
missdjones.blogspot.com

Johanna said...

Both sketch and card look awesome! Thanks for the inspirarion!

Post a Comment