Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Keeping Busy!

Well Jack has been sick for the last 2 1/2 days so we have been staying home, and I have done a bunch of work in my scraproom.  Once again I have organized the area, and I think it looks pretty good.  I will have to post pictures soon.  Everytime I think about taking pictures it is a mess with a project that I have started. 

So far this week I have to share a 2 page layout  and a card set.  First the layout:

This is a layout created with the Echo Park Summertime line.  I just love this paper.  It is so bright and the colors matched the boys swimsuits.  I added a scalloped border using the fiscars punch , cricut box, quickutz font zoe, and button twine and buttons.  It was pretty easy. 

Next I  made this card set:
I took a class at Simply Scrapbooks with Jenn Shurkus from A muse and I love her cards.  They were much smaller than the cards that I had been making.  The size is 3.5 inches wide and 5 inches long. So I decided to make a quick card set using this size.  I started with some bazzill swiss dot paper, made the tag from Spellbinders Nestabilities, used the Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp and greeting stamps.  I colored my flower with copic markers (boy, do i love these markers) then I cut it out and pop dotted it to the tag.  I then used my sentiment.  I made one "just wanted to say hello" and then on the inside it said "Happy Birthday" and the other was just a simple one "a happy hello".  I will be adding to this set hopefully by the end of the week.  I am making this set for a Christmas gift.  Got to get started on this early so I am not going crazy come December. 

I hope everyone is having a great week.  Hopefully Jack will be feeling better.  I don't want Michael to catch this bug.  Well I am off to play with the kids and to make a quick sketch for my next layout.  Will post soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment