Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Greeting

Happy Wednesday!

As I have mentioned before, I leave the house at 5:45 a.m. for work.  I never see my kids in the morning and most of the time I am fine about that but sometimes I HATE it.  Last Friday was one of those days because it was Jack's birthday.  I hate that I can't give him a big birthday hug and kiss.  So what I do is I decorate the kitchen table with handmade things!  This is what Jack saw for his first birthday card.  I used a 12x12 sheet of kraft cardstock and I used my Silhouette to to cut out everything. I used the negative space backed the space using Jillibean Soup Staples 2.  I loved all the polka dots!.  I used my sewing machine and did some messy sewing and then stamped some balloons and attached them with some fun twine from The Stingery
Jack loved this!!  When I picked him up from school he said he loved it and he had already pinned it to his bulletin board in his room!

supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper- jillibean soup
Silhouette
sewing machine
twine- the stringery
stamps- hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will have a new layout to share tomorrow.  I will see you then!
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp
 

23 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Oh, happy birthday Jack!! What a wonderful project to see first thing in the morning :) HOW FUN!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

What a sweet thing to wake up to! I love it! Oh, and I'm just waking up when you leave the house. :)

Becky said...

Such a cute idea and I love that it was a full 12x12!

Izzy Anderson said...

This is awesome. That would totally make my day if someone did that for me. You're a great mom. LOVE this. So fun. And super cute that you made it BIG too. What a statement! Wonderful in every way.

Heidi said...

I love this idea!!

Mary Jo said...

Another cute card!! :)

Tammy said...

Aw, happy birthday to Jack! That is so special! Great idea. :)

Anonymous said...

This is SO very sweet!!!!

Madeline said...

What a great idea! I bet he just loved it!

Annette Allen said...

seriously this is AWESOME...such a clever idea..love it

Jingle said...

Very cute!

Norma G. said...

This is just adorable!

Barbara said...

what a fun card and nice surprise for him first thing in the morning.

Katie said...

I love how you used the negative space here. I really like the tradition of decorating the table for Jack on his birthday! What a fun way for him to start his special day!

Christina said...

Oh how sweet! I love this idea. Moose's birthday is next week-I might have to do this for him. :)

Cindy S. said...

Super sweet and smart! I may borrow your idea for my son's 8th coming up! TY for sharing :)

angie gutshall said...

Very Cute!!

Danielle said...

This is so sweet!

laura said...

I think the negative space is a cool idea. I've also seen it backed with rows of washi (so you could have two color stripes for one word--does that make sense)

Janet's Joy said...

A wonderful idea!

Tracy said...

That is so sweet that he woke up to something so special from you in the morning.

scrappymo! said...

Oh no...that must have been so hard to not be there on that special morning...but you were there in spirit and jack sounds like he understands that!

Great card.

~Tammy~ said...

Of course he pinned it...proud son!!! Proud Mama too to make him something so special.

Post a Comment