Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Coloring

Happy Wednesday!

For several weeks now I have been wanting to give my hand at coloring some stamped images.  I have not attempted coloring in quite a long time now, but I bought some really cute stamps at the end of the Halloween season last year and I wanted to try my hand again at coloring.  I was a bit nervous because it had been such a long time since I colored.  I used to color all the time but for some reason I just moved away from them.  So my first attempt was with my copics and I have to say I failed miserably!!  I used the correct paper, ink etc but it was just a big mess.  My little one even said to me "mom that is ugly!"  So I then moved on to my prismacolor pencils and some gamsol.  Whenever I need something quick I always head toward my pencils. 

So this is what I made.  I used my Penny Black stamps and colored them with my pencils.  I think the little Dracula turned out so cute and I love his little bat friend! I then added some Halloween twine from The Stringery and called it a day!   I had a lot of fun and may try my hand at coloring again sometime soon. LOL!!  I

supplies
cardstock- bazzill, neenah solar white
paper- bella blvd
stamps- penny black
ink- memento
pencils- prismacolor
gamsol
twine- The Stringery!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  I really have been using up my scraps and I have another one that I went hog wild on my pattern paper LOL!!  See you then!
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

20 comments:

Norma G. said...

This is adorable!! You did a great job with coloring. I know what you mean about coloring with Copics, it looks really hard to me.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is adorable, Mary Pat! You did a great coloring job!

Tammy said...

Fun card! I think the pencil coloring gives results as good as the Copics! :)

Janet's Joy said...

Your colouring is great and your card is adorable!!

Margie Higuchi said...

Great card! I need to get out and color more often - you did a wonderful job on yours :)

Melissa said...

That little guy is too cute and you did a wonderful job coloring him! I am terrified of Copics and coloring in general. It's a huge step outside of my comfort zone. I love the background paper you chose and the twine.

Annette Allen said...

ok first this is FABULOUS...i love how you colored him...you did such a great job... I am really proud of you...love the shading... I know you are hooked now...can't wait to see more... love this..

Erica said...

My hand coloring never looks right. I have Copics and can't get the technique down. You did a great job!

Katie said...

This is so cute! I love how you colored him in!

Christina said...

This is too cute-I love it!!
The coloring is great!

Danielle said...

You did amazing! He and the card are so adorable!

Connie Mercer said...

very cute!!!!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Great card Mary Pat..

laura said...

Very adorable. I haven't tried using pencils, I am not having such good luck with my spectrum noirs.

Becky said...

He turned out adorable! I haven't colored in awhile either, maybe I should get my markers or pencils out too!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your colouring is fantastic Mary Pat, love your images.

Tracy said...

Your card is so cute :)
I'm sorry but I had to laugh at what your son said, lol. Even though I am sure it wasn't that bad.
I have never coloured with the coloured pencils and gamsol.

Blessed Ladybug said...

love this card , very nice love the card....love the coloring...

gale said...

This is cute!! Even though I don't like bats normally, this one is adorable.

Izzy Anderson said...

Your coloring is awesome and the card so cute. Love those fun stamped images!

Post a Comment