The week is just marching on--LOVE it! Anyone doing anything exciting so far this week? We are all just starting to get back in the routine. The first couple of days were hard for the boys and I because I leave the house at 5:45 AM. So therefore I do not get to see the kids before I go to work. I miss them like crazy and I guess from what hubby has been saying they are having a hard time too. So we all just need to get back into our routines!
Plus Michael had been really cranky and his cold seemed to linger so I took him into the doctor and what do ya know--double ear infection. Hate is when that happens--YUCK! So hopefully with the anitbiotics he will be back to his normal self!
I also have to readjust to being able to only scrap about 20 minutes in the evening. I got so used over vacation to just sit in my scrap area and just go to town. I have been working on a cute layout for the last couple of days. Hopefully I will get it done by the weekend. I was really used to just cranking the layout out. Now I have to get back in the mode of just doing a little bit at a time. I can readjust!
On to my card:
I won this stamp at a class I took with Jennifer Mcguire last summer and I have never used it. I just kept looking at it and wondering how I am going to use a tree. Well I finally decided and this is what I came up with.
I love this card. There was a lot of work but it really was very simple. I will take you step by step:
1. I stamped the image of the tree with Memento ink.
2. I then colored the tree with my copic markers.
3. I then made a mask for the tree by stamping the image on a large post it note and cut it out.
4. I then placed the mask over the tree.
5. I also made another mask with another post it note to make a little hill for the tree.
6. I then used my Peeled Paint Distress Ink and my blending tool (got to love the blending tools!) and inked in the hill and grass.
7. I then turned my mask over and overed up my hill and grass and then inked in the sky with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
8. Once I got the sky the color I wanted it. I peeled off my 2 masks. Now the inside of the tree was white so I took my really light copic marker and softly added some blue shading in between the leaves so that it blended with the sky.
9. I stamped the Hero Arts card with the dots in the matching Hero Arts brown chalk ink, and then put the two together. I finsihed it up with my black marker and made some stiching marks around the edge of the die cut just to finish it off.
Now for this card I left a greeting off. I will place one inside the card when I know what I am going to use it for. Sometimes I also like to have just a little note card without a sentiment. It just depends.
Hero Arts Stamp
Distress Inks, Memento Ink, Hero Arts chalk ink
Well I will be back tomorrow with a look at what I am working on. My desk is a MESS with this project that I have going on. Thanks for stopping by!