Friday, January 21, 2011

Yet Another Challenge + some good news!

OK,
I lied.  I said I wouldn't be back until Monday, but we had a snow day on Friday, and I thought I would enter another challenge.  I didn't have time before but with the snow I was able to squeak in one more.  Plus this was a really fun one!

Sketchy Thursdays Challenge

Here is the awesome sketch!

You also had to include the following things:

• Use a heart


• Use red and/or pink

• And journaling somewhere on the page

And here is my take on the sketch.

Those Eyes

Michael had the biggest blue eyes when he was a baby, and I thought this paper was just perfect to show them off.   I love this line of Echo Park (but has there been a line that I haven't liked?).


 Here is my journaling.
 Here is my red.
 And here are my hearts!
Supplies
cardstock:  bazzill
pattern paper: echo park
brads:  making memories
punches:  tim holtz on the edge dies

So this was just a quick post. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  I am going to relax --and believe it or not--NO SCRAPPING for me this weekend.  Need a quick little break to get my juices flowing again.  Plus I want to catch up on my reading and maybe watch a movie.

I had some great news today I made the Top 5 for my sketch here.  I was so excited! and I made 3rd place for the Little Yellow Bicycle Savor Challenge.  Here it is on my blog and here it is on Little Yellow Bicycle Blog.  I can't believe it!  What an awesome day!  I just had to share it with you!

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back on Monday!

11 comments:

Kerryn said...

What a cutie! The layout looks fantastic.

Tracy said...

What a awesome layout, you really do rock.
Michael is adorable. I did a layout like this for my youngest Kristy. She came to me sad that daddy was calling her names. I asked what did daddy call you... she replied "Blue Eyes" teehee.

Sue Althouse said...

Congrats on your recent winnings! This layout is also a winner - great sketch and love your bright boy colors!

Catherine said...

Super cute layout and congrats on being recognized for your wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

congrats on making top 5 and taking 3rd place - go you!! :-D

Diana Fisher said...

This page is adorable... and so stinkin' cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! Such adorable photo's Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge!

mborrero said...

love the letters.

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo ADORABLE!! LOVE those photos! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

smdluxe said...

Congratulations on making the top 5! That's so exciting!

Pam W. said...

Great layout and the pictures are adorable.

Post a Comment