Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday LawnScaping Challenge: Clean & Simple

Happy Friday!

So excited that it is the weekend!  We have another jammed packed weekend- I have 2 tennis matches, 1 lacrosse game and 1 practice, 1 party, 1 dinner out-- Yikes!  But I know I will find some time to relax!  Just being able to sleep in longer than 4:45 am is a treat for me!

So I had a little extra time this week and I saw this challenge over at Lawnscaping and I just knew it was one I wanted to enter.  The challenge is to create a Clean and Simple card.  Oh Yeah!  Just what I love to do!


You can Go HERE to see all the details of the challenge!

My oldest is having the Standardized testing all this week and I have been putting little treats in his lunch bag everyday.  So I needed on for today so I broke out my stars stamp set and dies.  I first die cut out my stars and backed them using the Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock.  I then heat embossed in gold the smaller stars.  I stamped my sentiment and then stamped it again on red Gemstone cardstock and fussy cut the little hear and pop dotted it the card!  I love how it turned out.  This sentiment means so much to me because when he was little I would read over and over again the Guess how much I love you? book.  He even still has a stuffed little nut brown bunny that he keeps tucked near his bed!  I hope he likes it!
supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
stamps and dies- lawn fawn
ink- hero arts,
embossing powder

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back next week with some new projects!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

15 comments:

lil gik said...

Love your card, Mary Pat! Hope you have a fab weekend! :)

Madeline said...

Very pretty! At first glance it looks like you can see the wall behind it. lol.

Jingle said...

I love this! So super cute!

Diana Fisher said...

I love stars! Your card is perfect — love it!

Tanya Ham said...

ADORABLE! :)

Becky said...

It's perfect!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Leslie Webster said...

What a sweet card to give to your ds. You definitely sound like your weekend is jammed packed but I am sure you'll have fun! Like you I just look forward to a few extra zzzs.

Leslie Germain said...

Such a sweet card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your CAS Mary Pat, those LF stars have such a unique shape.

Jennifer Grace said...

That is so sweet, I really love the little fussy-cut hear! x

Annette Allen said...

aww i love it.. those stars are fabulous..

lenny said...

Loooove this, Mary Pat!! Love your CAS card with all those stars!!!
FAB design!!
So fun that you're playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!! wohoo!!

Tracy said...

This is such a cute card.
I love the blue stars

Karin Åkesdotter said...

PERFECT CAS design! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Katie said...

I hope he liked the card! It is beautiful, and I love the story behind the sentiment!

Hope you had a great weekend and were able to get some rest in there!

Post a Comment