Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday LawnScaping Challenge: Clean & Simple

Happy Friday!

So excited that it is the weekend!  We have another jammed packed weekend- I have 2 tennis matches, 1 lacrosse game and 1 practice, 1 party, 1 dinner out-- Yikes!  But I know I will find some time to relax!  Just being able to sleep in longer than 4:45 am is a treat for me!

So I had a little extra time this week and I saw this challenge over at Lawnscaping and I just knew it was one I wanted to enter.  The challenge is to create a Clean and Simple card.  Oh Yeah!  Just what I love to do!


You can Go HERE to see all the details of the challenge!

My oldest is having the Standardized testing all this week and I have been putting little treats in his lunch bag everyday.  So I needed on for today so I broke out my stars stamp set and dies.  I first die cut out my stars and backed them using the Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock.  I then heat embossed in gold the smaller stars.  I stamped my sentiment and then stamped it again on red Gemstone cardstock and fussy cut the little hear and pop dotted it the card!  I love how it turned out.  This sentiment means so much to me because when he was little I would read over and over again the Guess how much I love you? book.  He even still has a stuffed little nut brown bunny that he keeps tucked near his bed!  I hope he likes it!
supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
stamps and dies- lawn fawn
ink- hero arts,
embossing powder

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back next week with some new projects!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card, Mary Pat! Hope you have a fab weekend! :)

Madeline said...

Very pretty! At first glance it looks like you can see the wall behind it. lol.

Jingle said...

I love this! So super cute!

Diana Fisher said...

I love stars! Your card is perfect — love it!

Tanya Ham said...

ADORABLE! :)

Becky said...

It's perfect!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Dictionary said...

What a sweet card to give to your ds. You definitely sound like your weekend is jammed packed but I am sure you'll have fun! Like you I just look forward to a few extra zzzs.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your CAS Mary Pat, those LF stars have such a unique shape.

Jennifer Grace said...

That is so sweet, I really love the little fussy-cut hear! x

Annette Allen said...

aww i love it.. those stars are fabulous..

Tracy said...

This is such a cute card.
I love the blue stars

Karin Åkesdotter said...

PERFECT CAS design! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Katie said...

I hope he liked the card! It is beautiful, and I love the story behind the sentiment!

Hope you had a great weekend and were able to get some rest in there!

Post a Comment