Saturday, March 1, 2014

March SOG Monthly Challenge

Happy Saturday!

I just can't believe that it is March 1st and we are buried in snow!  The first of the month brings a new challenge over at Some Odd Girl.  This challenge is very on trend right now-- GOLD!  I am loving this new trend to incorporate the color gold in my projects.

I decided to make a layout using  the Gold them.  I really went wild n crazy with my Some Odd Girl stamps and Odds n Ends from the store.  I had a blast with this challenge.  I started with a green pattern piece of paper from Bella Blvd.  I then trimmed my Core cardstock and then splattered it with Heidi Swapp Gold mist.  This mist was so fun.  I then layered a few drops of the green and blue.  Next  I took a Heidi Swapp piece of cardstock where you mist it and then the design comes through. ( I have forgotten the name of the paper, but it had been in my stash for a long time and I broke it out.)  I misted it with the gold shimmer and I LOVED how it turned out.  I then layered it with some more Bella pattern paper.  I then added my Gold Doily from the Some Odd Girl store-- Don't you just love it???  I then got busy with my stamping.  I used several different sets- Hipster Kody (Coming out this week!!!!!!), Photo Kaylee,  and Be You, . I heat embossed my "picture perfect" in white and then got out my gold embossing powder to stamp "just be you" and cut it out leaving a white rim around it.  I was so proud of myself  becuase I was able to use some of my gold embossing powder that I bough about 5 years ago and NEVER used!  Sticking to my commitment to using my stash!!!!   I then placed it all on the layout and added some yummy Sequins from the shop.  Finally I added a Heidi Swapp word sticker and an October Afternoon flair button.

So you want to give this challenge a try.  Head on over to the blog and check out all the details.  I can't wait to see what you create!

supplies
cardstock- core
pattern paper- bella blvd. heidi swapp
mist- heidi swapp
stamps- some odd girl
twine- the twinery
embossing powder- american crafts
ink- jenni bowlin, memento

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back on Monday with some new projects!! See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable layout, Mary Pat, the navy and green looks fab with the gold and I love the tag you made!

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

Layout looks great. It is nice to finally use your embossing powder lol. Don't wait another 5 years to use it again as the result it amazing :)

Annette Allen said...

he is growing so fast.. totally adorable layout..

Katie said...

Oh my goodness Mary Pat- this is amazing! I just love all the details- every time I look I see something new :) I love your pages- they make me want to try scrapbooking!

Becky said...

I love this! Beautiful job Mary Pat!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the gold doily! Great colors and beautifully composed.

Katie said...

This is a beautiful layout! I love all of the gold, what a great March challenge!

Hope you aren't buried in too much snow - I can't believe this weather! We had another freeze warning, in the south, in the spring! Its all crazy right now!

Post a Comment