Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Wednesday & A New Card

Hey everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great week!  I know I am (at least so far), but I am trying to recover from our busy weekend.  On Saturday we went to see Thomas the Train and then on Sunday we went  to pick out pumpkins.  We decided to do it early this year because there is a pumpkin shortage in our area due to the extremely dry weather we have had, and the place where we go had all their pumpkins out.  We had a lot of fun!  I took some great pictures. I love to scrap the fall--changing leaves, pumpkins, fall festivals, halloween, Thanksgiving etc.  I just love it!  I can't wait to use this paper by Imaginisce (Apple Cider):

On to my card of the week.  I am in love with this card!  Since it is hard for me to incorportate butterflies on my layouts with the boys, I try to use my butterfly stamps on my cards.  First I used the nestabillites labels 8 and stamped it with antique lined distress ink with the hero arts old world writing stamp.  I then stamped the swirl with different colors of distress ink( concord grape, tumbled glass, peeled paint) and then spritzed water on the stamp then stamped it on the label.  I then stamped my butterfly on neenah solar white cardstock and colored with copic markers.  I then used the glossy accents on the circles on the butterfly ( I love glossy accents).  I cut those out and then went back and added my I Rock gems to the swirl just to give it a big pop.  I then attached the butterfly with pop dots.  I attached the label to a hero arts note card. 



A close up of the IROCK gems and the butterfly!

Supplies
cardstock:  neenah solar white
Card:  Hero Arts
Stamps:  All Hero Arts
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Gems:  I Rock by Imaginisce

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and I will be back this weekend with some new layouts.  I have been going crazy over Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers paper.  Thanks for stopping by.  I really appreciate all your wonderful comments.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a pretty card.
I have the opposite problem, I have 3 daughters so lots of girly stuff. I have trouble making masculine cards.

Maggie Lamarre said...

Luv the card, I have the entire line of the Apple Cider it is really nice.
Maggie
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

Karen said...

That card is beautiful! Love the colors and that butterfly is just to die for!

Post a Comment