Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hey there,
T.G.I.F.  I am so glad the weekend is here.  It is going to be a busy weekend for us.  Jack has a little birthday party with a couple of friends and family.  It should be a fun time.  The theme is Transformers.  I am going to surprise him with a Transformers PiƱata.  It is so cute.  I will take lots of pictures to show you.

I have another layout to share using my favorite Echo in the Park Summertime.  This is will be my last layout using this paper because I have used up the entire pack. I love the summer time when you are out playing and then the Popsicles come out.  There is nothing like a good Popsicle to cool you off in the summer time.  It is our little afternoon treat in the summer to go outside and get in our chairs and have a Popsicle around 4:00 in the afternoon.  These are pictures of Michael's first Popsicle.  He was just so darn cute with his first bite.

 I was inspired by this layout while shopping at Simply Scrapbooks.  I saw there some really cool cardstock from WE R Memory Keepers.  The cardstock had the sewing around the edges already done.  Well I love to sew on my pages so I thought I could create this look on my own, and I did.  I used my sewing machine to go around the cardstock to create a border effect. I love the look.  I will have to do this again.  I think it gives the layout a nice clean look.  I also used on my layout the Paper Trey Ink stamp set that goes with the Spellbinders labels One for my journaling block.  I used the Tumbled Glass to give the border and then used the blending tool to soften the edges.  I was really pleased at how this layout turned out.
Cooling Down

Supply list
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Echo in the Park
Embellies:  Echo in the Park
Die Cut:  Labels One Spellbinders
Stamp:  Paper Trey Ink
Ink:  Tumbled Glass Distress Ink

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I have some heavy duty picture uploading this weekend.  I will promise I will try to post some pictures of Jack with his new camera! 


Sharla said...

Cute pictures and love the bright colors and the journaling block!

NancyJones said...

VERY CUTE! HOW MUCH do you LOVE that ECHO PARK PAPER! I am sooo in love with them!

Post a Comment