Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day Card

Hello everyone,

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and I made Jack and Michael's teachers a card to say thanks so much for taking such great care of them while I am at work.  I know they are loved and cared for.  So I made this cute little card using the Tim Holtz Collection at Core'dinations. 

Steps
1.  First I made a base that is 4x5.5 for my card.
2.  I made a 4x5.5 piece from core'dination.
3.  I scored the cardstock at a 1/4 inch on all 4 sides.
4.  I sanded the cardstock to reveal the lighter core.
5.  I cut a smaller piece (purple) that was 3X4.5 and placed it in my Fiskars wavy paper crimper.
6.  I sanded the piece of paper.
7.  I stamped the large butterfly and cute out.
8.  I sanded the butterfly on the wings just a bit to get some shading.
9.  I punched using my MS butterfly punch a set of 3 butterflies.
10.  I stamped my sentiment and cut a  V shaped to make a little banner.
12.  I attached everything together.
13.  Finally I added some gemstones using my IRock.

And here is the final product:
I love how it turned out.  I never get to use pink , purple and teal on my layouts, and I just love adding butterflies.  I am including a little gift card for Starbucks too!

supplies
cardstock-core'dinations
stamps-hero arts
ink-memento
tools-paper crimper, MS scoring board

I hope everyone has a great day and I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  See ya then!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I liked that you sanded the darker purple to reveal the other color. It looks great!

Just Jaime said...

Thanks for putting all the steps out for us. It brought the details out for me and made me see all the work you put into it. I love the colors and scoring!

Becky said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies!

I picked up the mini clothes pins at Joann's but I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby. I'm sure Michaels has them too. I've always seen them in the wood aisle. They are good for so many things & only a couple of dollars for a good size bag!!!

Tammy said...

Cute! I love the colors and the texture. I can't wait to get my hands on some of Tim's colors in the Core'dinations. In my next order, for sure! :)

Erin Bassett said...

Cute card! Love that butterfly stamp!

Unknown said...

Well, you KNOW I like butterflies so you can never go wrong there! Love the texture of the purple paper. Pretty girly card:)

scrappymo! said...

Very nice. I like the way you did the follow along instructions.
Must remember to sand some of my co-ordinations paper...Yours looks great.

Tracy said...

What a fun card. Love the texture

Post a Comment