Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday-1st grade pocket folder

Happy Thursday,

Over the last several weeks I have been hard at work trying to get a bit caught up on some of my basic scrapping pages.  One of these pages is my Pocket folder for Jack's school album.  I like to make these pocket folders to  hold various school work projects and important things like report cards etc.  For Jack's first grade pocket folder I used the Simple Stories Elementary collection.  I was able to find this collection marked waaaay down and I broke my spending freeze to pick up this collection.  I am very low on my back to school papers so I went ahead and broke my freeze! 

For this layout I used a plain piece of dark brown cardstock and then I made the pocket part.  I used several strips of paper from the collection and I sewed t hem all together.  I then sewed the pocket part onto the cardstock and left the top open so that I could add my papers.  Not a lot of fuss or embellishments but that is ok with me!  I just needed something simple for his pocket folder. 
supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper- simple stories

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  i will be back tomorrow with something NEW!  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

18 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I like the fun feel to it! The alphabet border is so perfect for this project!

gale said...

Love this idea for a pocket page! That paper is so perfect for this.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a great idea and so perfect for special school papers. How about making one for a 6th grader? :)

Christina Collins said...

I love this! It's such a great idea. I have quite a bit of memoribilia I'd like to squeeze into my daughter's baby book and I think this may be a perfect solution. :) Thanks for sharing!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the pocket!! You can't pass up a great sale...right??

~Tammy~ said...

What a great idea! So cute! Love the school house!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun idea...

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a great idea and a cute design. Makes me realize that the time to get this done is now!

SandeeNC said...

Great way to keep his records. Thanks for visiting my blog, you made my day, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Madeline said...

Great idea, and that collection is so perfect!

Norma Gomez said...

This is such a great idea and that paper is adorable! Have a wonderful day :D

Staci said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing it!

LB whosthischick said...

A pocket folder is a great idea to hold special papers to remember

Tracy said...

This is such a great idea :)
I really like that paper.
Congrats on my giveaway Mary Pat :)

Katie said...

This is such a great idea to hold all of those special school papers! I love the paper you used, I would have broken my spending freeze for it too :)

Tammy said...

I love pocket pages! I wish I could find some Simple Stories collections marked down. What a score!!!! :) That's a great reason to break the freeze.

Izzy Anderson said...

This is such a cute, clever and practical idea. I need to do this for Cory's album! Great!

Jennifer Grace said...

The papers are so totally perfect for this, and the project is such a great idea, I should make a folder like this for my daughter's school stuff. x

Post a Comment