Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Card

Happy Wednesday!
I don't know about you but this week is moving by! I love it!!  A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion over at 2 Peas and it was about what magazines do you subscribe to and which you like the most.  I was in the minority  because I do not subscribe anymore to the magazines.  The reason being there is so much talent out there in the blog world that I don't need the magazines to inspire me.  I do miss the ads though but then again I can see most of those on the internet as well. 

Are there bloggers out there that really inspire you?  There are so many for me and I look forward to reading their posts everyday. So many  inspire me to create new things with new products that I have never seen before or just a new way to use my "old' products. Today I want to give a shout out to Jennifer Ingle at  Just Jingle who inspired me to make this gift card set that I am going to give to all of my kid's teachers and aides.   You can see Jennifer's post by clicking on the above link. 

Here is my adaptation.  I sized the card down to 4x4 and I coordinated my sentiment with my twine.  I am going to make a little gift box for the card set--that is on my list to do.




supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white, kraft
twine- the twinery
stamps- hero arts, ali edwards
ink- jenni bowlin
misc.- silhouette, corner chomper, paper crimper

I hope everyone has a great day today.  I will be back on Friday with a new layout.  See you all then! Thanks for stopping by!
-mp

18 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Cute cards, Mary Pat!! I enjoy Just Jingle's blog too! Have a good Wed!

Maria said...

Pretty cards!!!
HUgs,

Maria

Sue Althouse said...

Cute card, so versatile! I used to get all the magazines, now I'm down to just Scrapbook Trends. Still can't resist the eye candy!

Jingle said...

Awwww! Thanks!!!! Your cards turned out super cute! I love the sentiment stamps you used...are those all from one set?

Steph said...

What a cute set! Love this idea.

Becky said...

Love your take on Jennifer's card, I fell in love with her card too when she posted it! :) Love how you matched the twine with the ink! As for magazines, I subscribe to Country Living and Martha Stewart :) Occasionally I'll buy Papercrafts at Joann's with a 40% off coupon.

Annette Allen said...

love these cards... I like how you did all different colors of twine... too cute.

Mary Jo said...

Really, really adorable! And I absolutely love the fonts that you used! As a former teacher, I know I would have appreciated a set like that as a gift :)
And to funny that I didn't realize Jingle's name was Jennifer :) She definitely is a great inspiration!

Johanna said...

Those cards are really awesome! Great job :)

I hadn't realized Jingle's name was Jennifer either! But I love her blog anyway :p

Erin Bassett said...

Great card! Love Jennifer's blog too...so inspiring!

Pamela said...

These are fantastic! :)

~Tammy~ said...

What a great set!

Danielle said...

These are adorable! I love that you matched the twine to the sentiments.

cardsister said...

I wish I could say something different from everyone else, but I can't! They are SUPER CUTE!!! I love this idea! The twine was inspired!

Tracy said...

I too loved Jennifers card.
There is so much inspiration out there it is mind boggling..your blog is included :)

Katie said...

I love the card set! What a great idea for a teacher gift!

Elizabeth said...

These are perfect. Simple and oh so cute! TFS I'm glad I found your blog I'm happily following you now! :)

slicksister said...

Yes, love thesse simple, adorable cards. I don't sub to any scrap magazine at all anymore. All the inspiration I need online.

Post a Comment