Friday, November 11, 2011

A Make It Monday Challenge on Friday

Happy Friday!
Are you excited for the weekend?  I am!  Any crafting plans this weekend?  I am going to my monthly crop tonight.  I am meeting a girlfriend there and it should be fun.  I plan on working on a Holiday Banner for my mantle.  Plus I have a couple of layouts and cards I want to work on!  Should be fun.  Then on Saturday my girlfriend in coming over to my house and the kids are going to play and we are going to craft!! Love it!!

Over on the Paper Trey Ink blog they have a Make It Monday challenge and I knew I just had to take part! The challenge is:

Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge.  Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and feature this reverse applique technique.

The reverse applique looked really cool and I knew exactly what dies I wanted to use--my butterflies.  I then used my Jillibean Soup paper to fill in and I stamped the sentiment "Spread Your Wings and Fly"  I stitched around the butterflies and I thought it was missing something so I got out my Mister Huey's sprays and misted a bit. I used 3 colors: Apple Jack, Custard, and Plum Thumb.  I was a bit disappointed in my red bottle because the mister broke I guess and these huge drops came out--Well it was too late to make a new one -- I still think it turned out ok.   I then added a bit of bling using my IRock. 

Supplies
cardstock-kraft, bazzill
paper- jillibean soup
dies- paper trey ink
stamps- paper trey ink
mist- mister huey
bling- Imaginisce
ink- hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I really really appreciate all your wonderful comments.  You all make  my day!  I hope you have a great weekend and I will be back on Monday with a new project.  See you then!
-mp

11 comments:

Becky said...

The butterfly dies were perfect for this! Love it! I really need to get some Mr. Huey's, I was checking them out l last night, but the two colors I want are sold out. Have fun tonight!

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous card!!! :)

Annette Allen said...

so cute...love those butterflies..

Katie said...

I love how you stitched around the butterflies! Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like it will be packed with crafty goodness! Saturday morning, AJ is running a 10k, then I'm hoping to get some crafting done while he naps after!

Pamela said...

Love this card!! :)

ScrappnBee said...

Great Card! Love the added bling from the irock! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda

Tracy said...

Your card turned out beautifully. I like the way the bigger red drops turned out. Even though it wasn't what you planned.
Is that spray like glimmer mist or Lindy's mist?

Margie Higuchi said...

Love how the card turned out! Have a great time on Saturday!!

Connie Mercer said...

sweet, sweet, card~love the butterflies and the splatter!!

Katherine said...

Beautiful card, great papers and you just can't go wrong with butterflies - gorgeous.

~Tammy~ said...

Love those papers and look great with the Kraft!

Post a Comment