Friday, November 18, 2011

Burlap and Buttercups Card on Friday

Hey There and Happy Friday!!!

I am so excited it is the weekend! Do you have any big plans?  We are pretty jammed packed again.  We have our holiday festival this weekend.  We will take the boys to see Santa.  Jack also has swimming and his last flag football game.  Then on Sunday we are having the Grandmothers over to celebrate Michael's birthday (which is on Monday).  I am making a lovely lunch for everyone.  So it should be a bit crazy but I am still looking forward to it!!

Over at Burlap and Buttercups I used my scraps and one of my sketches to come up with this cute and adorable card.

This sketch is just very basic but I always think it is a good one to make a card.
Here is my take on the sketch,



For this card I got to try a new technique that I had never tried before.  The letters h*i are from pink paislee and they are wood.  I sprayed my Tattered Angles mist to stain them and I lOVE how it turned out! So pretty.  Going to have to try this again.
supplies
All supplies are from the November Burplap and Buttercups kit.
paper-authentique
journaling spot- jenni bowlin
letters-pink paislee
mist - tattered angels
tools-scalloped border punch

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and you get some crafting time in.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back on Monday with a new layout.  See you then!
-mp

8 comments:

Maria said...

Preciosa, me gustan mucho los colores que has elegido y el diseño.
Saludos

Maria

Danielle said...

Cute card...love the colors! You actually convinced me to buy this kit last week. It is gorgeous. I used it last night to create a layout. It was great to see your sketches in the kit.

Dena said...

Cool letters! I love trying new techniques also! TFS!

Aloha,
Dena
missdjones.blogspot.com

Diane said...

That is a nice basic sketch for a card. I'm going to have to try those wood letters.

Becky said...

Great sketch and I just love those wood letters! Sounds like a fun weekend ahead! We have Family Dinner Night tonight at the school, tomorrow we are going to start putting up the Christmas decorations and Sunday we are celebrating my Grandma's birthday :) Sure hoping I can squeeze some crafting in there too!

Connie Mercer said...

Love your take on the sketch!!!Those colors rock together!!!

Pamela said...

Love this!!! :)

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card. I love the colours and how you coloured the letters.

Post a Comment