Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Monday! Layout featuring Nikki Sivils!

Happy Monday!
I don't know about you but I had a wonderful time off these past couple of days.  It was great spending everyday with family.  I am so lucky to have them!

When I was off these past few days I was able to play in my scraproom.  I had so much fun and I got so much done!  Today I going to feature one of my layouts featuring the School is Cool line from Nikki Sivils.  I have used this paper a bunch lately and I just love it!  The colors are just so bright and cheery.  They are perfect for my Preschooler!  All the embellishments (stickers, die cuts,  and cut outs) were just perfect for my layout.

First Day of EPS2
The one thing I LOVE about Nikki's paper is that she always includes an awesome decorative border page. I think these pages are just so fun to use!  When I start a layout I like to pick my paper out and then go through all the embellishments that I think I will use.  With Nikki's paper collections you always get so many.  For this layout I chose some stickers and die cuts.   I then just keep moving them around on the paper until I think it all works.
1.  First I spritzed the page with some Mister Huey mists and zapped the page with my heat gun to let the mists dry.  This is one of my new favorite techniques!
2.  I cut various strips of paper that are 10 inches long and layered them on top of each other. 
3.  I placed them at the bottom of the page. 
4.  Next I cut out the corresponding banner pieces and pop dotted them to give the banner a 3D effect.  I like things to "pop" of f the page.
5.  Now it is time to arrange my photos and embellishments.  I know I had to have to adorable school house as the focal point and arranged the other embellishments around this one.  Again I like to combine all the different types- die cuts and stickers.
6.  On several of the die cuts I used pop dots to once again have that 3D effect.

Supplies
paper, die cuts, stickers- Nikki Sivils
misc. Mister Huey

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my new layout.  I will be back tomorrow.  You will want to stop by because I am having an amazing giveaway.  Perfect for a holiday gift for yourself or loved one!  I will see you then!
-mp

14 comments:

Maria said...

Maravilloso, me gusta!
Carinos,

Maria

Danielle said...

So cute! I love that you sprayed the background with mist.

D's Paper Studio said...

what a fun page. great job.

Mary Jo said...

I love decorative border pages, too!
Great page, Mary Pat! :)

Katie said...

What a cute layout, I love the border page too! And the cute banner at the top :)

Connie Mercer said...

super cute Lo. Love Nikki Sivils pappers!!!

Becky said...

What fantastic paper for school layouts! I love those pictures, I could just eat him up!! I'm so glad you got a lot done, now if you could just send some mojo my way :)

Annette Allen said...

great page...love those Nikki papers

Anonymous said...

Adorable layout, but then you also have such a cute "subject" too! Hey, not only do we have a flash flood advisory but they are also calling for a chance of snow showers tomorrow! Whacky weather abounds!

ScrappnBee said...

Great layout! I love that NS paper too! Thanks for sharing!!!-Amanda

Sue Althouse said...

That is a perfect paper line and embellishments for scrapping children! So nice!

Nikki said...

Awesome layout! So cute and that's one of my favorite collections too (I think I say that about all of them though... LOL!) -Nikki

Tammy said...

This is adorable. The photos are great - that bag is almost as big as he is! :) Love that fun border and yeah for misting!

Tracy said...

Another cute and fun layout :)
Thanks for sharing how you put your layout together :)

Post a Comment