Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nikki Sivils Challenge-Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone!

On the Nikki Sivils blog they are having a challenge to be a guest designer.  Yesterday I posted a card made from the Nikki Sivils Beatrice collection, and  today I have a layout for the challenge.  Ana Stubbington came up with an awesome sketch.  I really loved it, but I needed to make a 2 page layout so I converted it into a two pager, and I am very happy with the results.


For those of you who are wondering Who are these girls? They are my goddaughter and her sister, Ruby and Eliza.  These pictures were taken after Ruby's mother's day party at her preschool.  I just loved the girls dresses and thought that these pictures would be perfect for the Beatrice line. 


Here is a close up of the left side.  For the clouds I cut them with my Silhouette and then stamped them using the Hero Arts cling stamps.  I then went around the clouds with a Stampin' Up marker.  I then placed some bazzill brads and one making memories brad.  I also cut the title using my Silhouette.



A close up of the right side.  I cut out the sun from a sheet of Max and Mollie and then added the clouds.  I stamped them with the same Hero Arts stamps.  I also added some of the brads again.


Supply list
cardstock-bazzill, neenah solar white
paper-nikki sivils
die cuts- niiki sivils silhouette, paper trey ink
brads-bazzill, making memories
stamps-hero arts, ali edwards
ink-versamagic, hero arts
tools-ek success border punch, silhouette

I would be so honored to win a spot as guest designer.  There is such awesome talent on the blog.  I would be so excited.  If you haven't checked out their blog here is the LINK.  Crossing my fingers!

This week has been flying by!  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  I will also be announcing the winner of my Giveaway! If you haven't entered yet, please go to Monday's POST and leave a comment to win some twine from the Twinery in beautiful colors (red, purple and pink).  Have a good day and thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Handmade Hannah said...

A fabulous layout - so many lovely details! :)

Jingle said...

This is SUCH a great layout! Beautifully done!

Becky said...

Wow, wow, wow! This layout is amazing! I love how you modified the sketch into a two page layout. The papers and pictures are just beautiful!

Just Jaime said...

Cute! Love the trees, clouds and sun!

Steph said...

Adorable layout! I love that paper line.

Vanessa said...

Awesome layout. I like how you made each page different but used elements to tie them in together. It looks great!

Maria said...

Amazing layout! Beautiful papers and pictures!

Amy said...

So so so cute!! I love the papers and how you stamped the embellishments!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODINESS!! This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the clouds! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Nikki Sivils GDT contest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nikki said...

WOW... I love this 2 page layout! great mix of my Beatrice and Max & Mollie papers! Sweet pictures too! Thanks for you entry!

leah said...

Great two-pager! Good luck! ^_^

Katrina Hunt said...

LOVE this layout the way you made a two page rocks...and your card below is adorable!! thanks for playing along!! hugs, Katrina

Tracy said...

Beautiful layouts Mary Pat.
They would be lucky to get you on their DT. You have some of the most awesome layouts.

domestic goddess said...

lovely layouts Mary!

scrappermimi said...

This is such a great 2 pager...terrific design!

Unknown said...

How cool the way you mixed papers! Great job!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful layout. The papers are simply perfect for those adorable photos. Thanks for playing along

Lea said...

Great layout (s)!!!!
Love what you did with Beatrice!
X Lea

Sarah said...

This is fabulous! Love the design and how you mixed the lines!

Deana said...

Love it! So adorable! :-)

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Who knew this paper could be so cute on a layout, you did a great job, with the "cute" factor.

Post a Comment