Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some Shopping and A New Card

Ok, I got an email from Simply Scrapbooks (my LSS) and it said that it had the new Basic Grey paper lines in. I have been wanting these papers since I saw them on posts at 2 Peas.  Well I was just going to get one of the lines, but I ended up getting two of the lines Wander and Oliver (I know this came out in July, but they just got it in this weekend).  I love them!! I cant wait to play with them.  There is just something about Basic Grey.  I love how they always come out with boy lines!!

Well on to my card for this week.  I just love to use my stamps,  inks and my copics and this card has a little bit of everything on it.  I also got to use the masking technique.  I love this technique when stamping.  First I stamped my hydrangea on my label.  I then stamped the flower again on a post it note and cut it out and placed it onto of my stamped image.  I then inked up my Friends Defintiion stamp from Hero Arts and stamped right over the mask to get the great background.  I then took my blending tool and inked up the sides just to blend it a bit.  I then colored in my flower with Copic markers.  I added a white center in them with my Signo pen.  I then went around the edges with a Stampin Up marker to creat the faux stitching effect.  I think it turned out great!
Supplies
Pattern Paper:  My Little Yellow Bicycle
Cardstock. Neenah Solar White
Stamps: All Hero Arts
Die Cut:  Spellbinders Labels 8
Copics:  YG17, YG67, B32, B34
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique linen, Shabby Shutters
Pens:   Stampin Up, Uniball Signo

Well I hope you have a great day!  I am looking forward to the weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I think your card turned out great. This is beautiful.

Beau said...

Great card, I really love the coloring!

Amy said...

You card is beautiful! I love the color on the flower! What grade do you teach?

Kelly Roberts said...

I saw your post on Two Peas "Praise Train." So glad I popped over here. I really like the colors of the flower and card. The coloring is so pretty. I need to start doing this. Great job!

Check me out at www.ksimonedesigns.blog.spot.com

Post a Comment