Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Birthday Card

Happy Friday!

Who is excited that it is the weekend?  Oh man, I am!  So thrilled that we have a relatively quiet weekend. Our morning on Saturday is super busy but then after 12:00 pm we are totally free for the entire weekend! Can't wait!!

I was able to get some crafting in again this week.  I needed to make a birthday card for a birthday party my son is going to and I had some scraps left over from a layout that I made (for Some Odd Girl digi cut files).  So I used up the scraps making this card.

I was excited because over at Sparks Paper Smooches challenge blog it was an Anything Goes week.

  I knew I wanted to use this stamp set.
I just love that little turtle!

I needed a little help becuase once again I think I used up all my mojo on my last two design team projects but I still wanted to get crafty.  So I did what I always do and look for a card sketch at my favorite card sketch blog- Retro Sketches.  Seriously, If you need a little mojo boost this is the place!  Here is the sketch.  Just perfect for my needs.
Go HERE to see all the details.

Here is what I came up with.

supply list
paper- lily bee
cardstock- Core'dinations Vintage collection, 110lb. smooth
stamps- paper smooches
ink- hero arts, memento
Spectrum Noir
Silhouette

I have a video that shows how I colored this cutie and put together the card.  Hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another project.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, he is too cute, Mary Pat, adorable card and enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Thanks for the video.

Jingle said...

This is super cute! I love the polka dots!

Isbaha said...

This is so cute ! Love the contrast with the dark background and the fresh colors.

Karen Aicken said...

Love all the little sprinkles you added. Totally cute.
Cheers
Karen

Unknown said...

Love that turtle! Enjoy your weekend!!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute card.. love the combo of papers you used..

Katie said...

Me me me! I'm excited for the weekend!

Love the card you made. That turtle is too cute. Your coloring is always awesome :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!

Angela said...

Adorable! I always love seeing your cards and this one is super cute!!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm excited about the new team! :)

Tanya Ham said...

Ah, that's so cute! :)

Tracy said...

Another cute card :)
I really like the darker colours you used.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card! I love your adorable turtle and your coloring is perfection! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute card! LOVE your coloring for that little turtle:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3 Hope you join in the fun with our Picture Perfect challenge this week <3

Post a Comment