Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday Sparks Challenge12/12

Happy Thursday,

The weekend is here!  Oh I can hardly wait!!  I have so many things to do because we start going to holiday family parties next week and I have to finish my shopping!  YIKES!!  Are you ready for the holidays?

I am playing along with the Paper Smooches Sparks weekly challenge this week and this week we had a photo inspiration.  I totally LOVE these.  Here is  look at the inspiration:
I stuck pretty close to the inspiration for my card. 
I started with some Core'dinations Dark Essentials for my base and then took the new 110lb. white smooth cardstock and cut it slightly smaller.  I stamped my images (using all Paper Smooches stamps) and colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Under the sentiment I scored the cardstock.  I also then "roughed" up my edges just to give it a bit of a distress look.  Why did I do this?  I don't know- LOL!!!
 
supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
stamps- Paper Smooches
ink- memento, jenni bowlin
spectrum noir markers
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

14 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Darling! Love aqua and red for Christmas!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a pretty card, Mary Pat! Love your take on the inspiration piece and the color combo is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Another very sweet card! That inspiration photo is great, love your take on it!

Sue Althouse said...

Love this card! Simple, yet it brought a smile to my face. Still have to shop for my MIL, then I am done!!

Dictionary said...

Love that inspiration and the card is super cute!

Mary Jo said...

So, so cute!
Love it!!

Fleursbydesign said...

So cute love the hanging ornaments :)

Becky said...

What a great inspiration picture and I love your take on it! We are all ready here! Enjoy your parties!

Connie Mercer said...

so cute!! I think you nailed it:):)

Tracy said...

LOL, I love your comment "why did I do this, I don't know"
I love the look of distress.
I like this clean look to your card. And love the inspiration photo

Annette Allen said...

oh my totally love this...one of my favorites..

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is lovely - I think the distressed edges definitely add to the look! Thanks so much for playing at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week! Enjoy the holidays!

Katie said...

What a pretty card. I really love that stamp with the heart ornaments!

Izzy Anderson said...

This couldn't be cuter. LOVE it! Terrific take on the inspiration piece too.

Post a Comment