Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday with Little Yellow Bicycle

Hey Everyone,

Little Yellow Bicycle is doing  wonderful and exciting blog posts this month.  The Twelve Days of Once Upon a Christmas  Cycling Team has a ton of inspiration for you to get in that holiday spirit!

Yesterday was my debut at Little Yellow Bicycle.  I have to admit I was REALLY nervous about this guest spot.  It took me a couple of days to even come up with an idea and then I was so nervous to cut the paper because I didn't want to mess up.  Finally I went to my hubby and told him how I was feeling and he was so awesome! His words of advice "Get Over It!!!  Do your work and don't over think it!"  I so love him.  He was totally right I was over thinking it! So once I got over it my mojo started to flow!

This collection is THE most beautiful collection ever.  I absolutely love the Christmas collections.  They are always my favorite and Once Upon a Christmas did not let me down.  It is so awesome!

For my first project I made a layout of my boys with Santa.  I had been saving this photo from last year.  I really needed the perfect paper for this special photo I snapped while Santa was talking to the boys before the actual photo was taken.  I love how Santa is whispering in Michael's ear and he is just all smiles!
For this layout I made 3 embellishment clusters- Here are the close ups
For this cluster I used the chipboard and clear acrylic overlay figures for my ornaments.  I added some of the green burlap twine from The Stringery (I am loving that burlap twine!)
 Here once again I used the clear acrylic frame and then added some more of the chipboard shapes and the fabric covered die cut shapes.  I just fell in love with the title piece Believe!
 For the final spot I added once again the acrylic shapes and the chipboard shapes.

Supplies
everything is LYB except
twine- the stringery

I also made a second project- a collection of gift card presents.  I would love it if you stopped on over there to check them out and leave a little love! You can see the projects HERE  Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

20 comments:

gale said...

Beautiful layout! That picture is precious-I love the pics of kids with Santa.

Connie Mercer said...

lovely!! awesome work!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I like your hubby's advice, not only because it allowed you to create this beautiful layout, but it's what I tell myself all the time. :)

Dawn Gross said...

beautiful layout!

Izzy Anderson said...

This is the most beautiful layout, Mary Pat. You did a wonderful job with this collection. I love that embellie trio and the photo is priceless! I know just how you feel about making the first cut. That's so hard for me to do too!

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous layout!!! :)
And kudos to your hubby because it worked! Sounds like something mine would say :)
But I totally understand your nerves.

Barbara said...

If you were nervous it doesn't show. This is fantastic! You should be so proud!

Madeline said...

Gorgeous page, and that photo is really priceless. Love your clusters, especially the tied ornaments!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Such an awesome layout! That photo is adorable.

Ashley Calder said...

Those ornaments are such great embellishments!

Anonymous said...

Great layout. Don't doubt your talent for a second.

marianne said...

Oh wow! What an awesome layout! I love the ornaments.

Danielle said...

I don't know why you were nervous. This layout is gorgeous!

Jingle said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!

Steph said...

very pretty! beautiful papers.

laura said...

What a great job. I didn't even know LYB did holiday collections.

Katie said...

This layout is beautiful! I would be nervous to cut into those pretty papers too.

I'm glad your husband was so supportive. AJ has to say that to me sometimes, especially when I'm sending something to someone...like our Save the Dates! I was so worried people wouldn't like them! He told me to get over it and just mail them out :)

scrappymo! said...

This is a wonderful payout to tribute a fabulous photo! Love all the layers.

Becky said...

Your layout turned out beautiful! I'm cracking up at hubby's advice! Too funny!

Tracy said...

Your layout is absolutely stunning.
I too would be nervous about cutting into this gorgeous paper.
Love your hubby's advice :)

Post a Comment