Friday, January 14, 2011

GYSO #2

Happy Thursday!

I am still so excited about having my layout featured on Echo Park's Blog  If you haven't checked it out stop on over.

When Michael was born (2 years ago) my father had just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and had 2  months to live.  Needless to say I was not in the mood to scrap any photos of Michael.  I had bought tons of baby paper, but I never really was in the mood to scrap it.  My father died in early February and we put our house on the market the next month.  I packed up all my scrapping things and put it in storage in order to "stage" the house.  We sold the house in 6 weeks and moved closer to my mom.  So for the first year of Michael's life I really didn't scrap it.  I made an occasional page here and there and made several digital books from Shutterfly, but I never really concentrated on his baby book.  Since I have started to enter challenges and contests I started to think that maybe this would be an awesome time to concentrate on Michael's book. I feel guilty that he doesn't have a baby book--  So with that all being said here is a page I made for the Get Your Sketch On #2 Challenge.

Here is the sketch:


For my layout I wanted the main focus to be on one photo so I adjusted the layout a bit.  I love this baby line of paper and I bought a ton of it.  It is Animal Stackers by 3 Bugs in a Rug.

At our new house we have a park and pool 2 blocks away.  So In the spring I would love to take the boys to the park in the afternoon. Michael would love to just sit in the swing and hang out.  He would love to watch Jack climb on all the equipment and just smile and laugh.  He was such an easy baby. 
I used the Silhouette to create the title.  Oh i just love that little face!
I used my circle punch to punch the circles and then I wanted to add something to them to jazz it up a bit.  I used some of the punch out die cuts and some buttons.
I used one of the circles to put my journaling on.  ( My handwriting is NEVER straight-- oh well!)

Supplies
cardstock: bazzill
pattern paper:  3 Bugs in a Rug
buttons/twine:  paper trey ink

I can't believe today is Friday already--this week went by so fast.  We have nothing on our plate tonight so I think it is another family night.  I think Hubby, Jack and I will have a Wii bowling tournament.  Jack and I have been playing it after school and we are having a blast so I think we might challenge hubby! Love family time!

I will be back tomorrow with another layout.  Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping by~!

p.s I once again need to say Thanks to everyone.  I am so lucky to have such AWESOME followers.  Coming soon will be a great giveaway!  I can't wait!  So stay tuned!

15 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

great job on the sketch!

Becky said...

Another great layout! You really inspire me with your use of sketches. Once I get past Abie's party in February, I'm hoping to get some more layouts under my belt...thanks to you :) Happy Friday!

ellen s. said...

i love love those circles!

Tammy said...

That is such a cute layout! I love the circles -I've had an idea for something with circles like that, I may need to work on it this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration. And contrats on the Echo Park pick-up. That is so cool. :) Have a great weekend!

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Murphy's Law said...

very fun, and great job on the sketch! just wanna smooch those adorable cheeks.

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! I love the circles!!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

That is such a cute layout! Great job using the sketch.

ScrappnBee said...

Such a chut Photo! Congrats on the EP LO! Love this one here! Totally digging the addition of the buttons! Great job!

Valerie said...

Darling, and it is so wonderful that you are going back and scrapping some baby layouts! Thanks for playing along with us at GYSO:)

~HappyScrappinMama~ said...

Very Cute layout! And what an adorable little fella! Love the way you embelished the circles they look great. TFS!

smdluxe said...

what a cute photo. He is waving at the camera! lol
lovely layout!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout.
Don't worry to much about the baby albums, I have 3 daughter and not one of theirs is finished, my oldest is 21.....oh, oh bad mom award again..those are piling up lol

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on the feature. It's a sweet LO!

Jodi said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Laurel said...

Well done! Thanks for playing at GYSO!

Post a Comment