Thursday, December 30, 2010

What am I Working on + A Layout

Hi everyone,
I can't believe my vacation is almost over.  I have had a really enjoyable time.  I have been able to scrap, read, and just relax.  That is what I needed! 

So here is what I have been working on. I had these pictures on my desk for awhile now.  They were taken at a local farm.  We went there to go on a hay ride (that layout will be posted soon), and they also have all these jungle gyms for the kids to play on.  My boys loved them!  I loved taking their pictures from the windows and doors. 
This is the paper I knew I wanted to use.  It is the basic grey Oliver line.  I thought it went great with the pictures.
I got so excited when I checked my blog updates and here was the new December 28th sketch from Sassy lil' Sketch.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use it to make this layout.  I knew that I was going to alter it a bit (like I always do) so that I could fit the 4 pictures.
And here is my take:

Having Fun!

I love the little file tabs that came with this line.  I usually make my own but i really loved them. 
This tab was perfect to put the date.  I do have to add that the lighting in the house was terrible when I took these pictures.  The colors of the red circle and the green letters are way off.--sorry!
The journaling block was a basic grey sticker.  Again-usually make my own but when it all coordinates I just had to have it.
At the bottom I added 2 strips of the paper (they were scraps from another layout that I did.  Here is the link the that layout (My Silly Boy + you can see the color of the red and what it is supposed to look like). I also added a border sticker from the line as well.  To finish it off I added the big circle sticker and then added some random sticker stars.
Supplies
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Everything else:  Basic Grey

Now last week I mentioned that I had received from Santa my 3rd spinner by Tim Holtz.  I had a couple of emails about how I was going to stack them and what it would look like.  Well here it is.  I just love it!  Now each of my inks has its very own tool.  I have them labeled.  I still need to buy about 4 other tools and then I am set!  LOVE IT!  


Well I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!  Hubby is home today, and the kids are going to school for the day so hubby and I are going to go out to lunch and have a great day together!  I can't wait.  I will be back tomorrow with another post and new layout.  Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

mborrero said...

nice layout. Cool spinner looks so organized.

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog

jayne said...

Love your layout! The spinner looks great!

Murphy's Law said...

wow! the paper was perfect!! love the spinner. i remember using one of those at work. lol!

Becky said...

Awesome job with the sketch!

hilde janbroers said...

great layout!! love the sketch!

Pam W. said...

Great layout! And the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy said...

Ah, another cute layout! I love the photos too - so fun that the play gym provided instant frames for you. :) Love your organized spinner too. Wish I had room for one.

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Sarah said...

Great layout Mary, what cute boys you have there! I love your spinner too, very organised!

Tracy said...

Enjoy your day with your hubby.
Love your layout, always awesome.
That spinner is perfect, but only 4 more? You know you will be getting more inks and then you will need another tier :)

Scrapenabler said...

Love the layout! Great take on the sketch. Cool spinner as well.

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch. Love our spinner. Thanks for playing with Sassy Lil' Sketches!

ScrappnBee said...

Enjoy your family at home day! Thank you so much for showing your step by step process for your LO! It is very cool. The spinner is cool too!

Unknown said...

Fabulous layout!!! Love the spinner!

Deborah said...

Cute layout and photos!

Unknown said...

Goorgeous work! Love the Oliver line!! :) /Pia

Katie said...

Love all the little touches on this cute layout!

Post a Comment